New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Can't accurately remember, but thought it was one of those shops between the post office and the bank.

Steveo suppose the pronounciation depends on if you are old ED or new ED, bit like the supermarket, is it lidaallls or is it lidells?

nxjen Not forgetting Folletts record shop along there

Although I don't have a pooch, I visited the new dog shop on Northcross Rd out of interest and it was super-cute, with an unusual collection of vintage and luxury dog items. The owner was very nice and had a charming little grey dog in the shop called Edie who was a real sweetheart. The shop had only been open two days.

Though people may miss the sweet shop, I think we should try to keep a positive attitude toward all local small businesses, even if they may not be to our taste.

Several new shops are due to open/opened in Nunhead Lane/Evelina Road. According to our new local paper 'The Peckham Peculiar' there's a new micro pub scheduled and there's also a new retro shop selling furniture (not sure if this is the same as Papa Bear), but Nunhead Lane is buzzing at the moment what with Banbuni doing brisk trade and recently opened Papa Bear retro furniture.

I must say Nunhead has all of the basics; a butcher, a baker, a..... (you can get candlesticks from the pharmacy), fishmonger, grocery shop, pharmacy, small supermarket, hairdresser, florists, carpet shop, ironmonger, 3 takeaways (2 Caribbeans, Portugese, Chinese, Indian) and the essential 3 pubs, so more or less everything you need in one short strip of lane.

Well, we did have a restaurant, but trade wasn't what it should be and it closed, that's wehre we now have the Caribbean takeaway, where you can eat in. The Portuguese takeaway expanded to eat in as did Bajan Spice and Banbuni has an eat-in section and we have the large Cafe near the bridge. I know what you mean though, no real dedicated restaurants at the moment.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm surprised Nunhead still doesn't have any

> restaurants though. Surely only a matter of time.

jomou Wrote:

> Where exactly is Four Quarters? I kept an eye out

> for it while passing through Rye Lane recently but

> didn't see it... I must have missed it.

A few doors down from the post office (towards the station). i.e. on the other side of the road to Asda.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> How do you know there isn't lot's of tutting going

> on. I am typing and tutting, tutting and typing.

> I'm like a freakin metronome.

:) tick tock, tick tock

"I noted a Traid charity shop in place of the robber loan shop near Boots in Peckham. A definite indicator of Peckham's upward mobility :-)"

I noticed some building work going on on one of the bigger units. Hadn't registered it was the ex-dodgy loan place. Thank god that's gone.