HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

hillside

I know, I know....used to see them in Benidorm, Marbela, Ibiza, Arenal and all the rest back in The 1970's/1980's on my Summer Holidays...at least The Irish and Scots can take their drink at Football Matches abroad though.

On a semi-serius point, they put The English to shame on their travels and are wanted back everywhere, quite rightly..

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On a semi-serius point, they put The English to

> shame on their travels and are wanted back

> everywhere, quite rightly..

Until they become violently ill due to over exposure to ginger hair.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > On a semi-serius point, they put The English to

> > shame on their travels and are wanted back

> > everywhere, quite rightly..

Actually, the "Irish" are NOT my favourite people right at the moment due to 2 of their number over the weekend.

First one had a bet with me, at the last possible moment, to Win ?500 and was as drunk as a skunk and I was so empthatic to agree which animal he had backed that I did not have time to "hedge"..it Won..

Unbelievably fast forward 24 hours and same "last minute-last race" scenario where another Irishman who spent half the time being propped up and the other half, physically falling over backed the last Winner to Win ?550 and again I was so keen to establish and agree which animal he backed that, once again, I could not "hedge"....

Needless to say that also Won.

Back in the White City Greyhound Days from The 1950's onwards The Irish were the majority of the crowd and they "as a Group" are phenomenal Gamblers, absolutely phenonomenalB)

I must go to Cheltenham one day, as I'm told, constantly, that its a fabulous experience.

Have had my 2 pints of Guiness - made it back to work without temptation to stay out all afternoon and risk losing job, house, family etc, thats more self discipline than I normally muster on St Patricks day so am feeling rightly proud of self. Will buy a couple of cans of guinness on the way home to quieltly savour in front of tv, a quiet St Patricks Day.

Indeedy.

I would like to wish all of the lovely Paddies on the forum a happy St Patricks day. I am sure you are all having a jolly day here on the mainland but wishing you were at home dancing at the crossroads and eating Mikado biscuits and Tayto crisps. This country was built by the Irish and their super doopery building skills. God bless you all.

Um - Mikado biscuits - you know I did not realise these were Irish DM - therefore have just realised I have not seen them for the duration of my 20 years on "the mainland". Thought they had just stopped making them. I thought it was Kings crisps in the south and Tayto in the north, is that right or is that an urban myth.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi, Let me know if one is looking for a new home. Thanks     
    • How did you get on up there?
    • My family had an appalling experience of Dulwich College and treated my young child in an extremely degrading and cruel manner. I’d like to leave this review as a warning to other parents who apply in good faith. We applied our neurodiverse child to 7+ and provided the documents from his medical team about necessary adjustments. We did this after DC spoke emphatically at multiple open days about their love and support and inclusion of neurodiverse students. Specifically Dr Griffiths saying he likes “spiky profiles”. However we were angry when after providing the documents as to the adjustments my son required DC failed to implement them, and failed to even allow him to complete 7+ assessments. When we asked them about it they were cagey and offensive. This included multiple discriminatory remarks made by Dr Griffiths which implied he was extremely ignorant about any kind of basic understanding of neurodiversity. Multiple members of staff including reception team and governors spoke in an extremely bigoted and offensive way about my child to me. We then filed a SEND4 and Dulwich College governors immediately changed their narrative about what had apparently happened during the 7+ assessment process. The discrimination continued when, by the time the SEND4 trial came round I was extremely unwell and the month before had to have an MRI to rule out possible cancer. We divulged that I was signed off and Dulwich College continued to discriminate against our family by refusing to postpone the hearing despite how unwell I was. This again perfectly exemplifies the dishonesty in all advertising materials from Dulwich College about any kind of integrity in the culture in the leadership team. We had benefit of the doubt at first that we were dealing with one or two nefarious individuals, but unfortunately I can vouch this involved Dr Griffiths and members of the governing body who had ample opportunities to rectify this and not break the Equality Act. In parallel because of this disgusting discrimination and the degrading safeguarding failures against our elder child during 7+ we withdrew our application for our younger child which by that time had been accepted. To this date Dulwich College are still refusing to refund our younger child’s deposit of £2,000 even though we gave more than a term’s notice he wouldn’t be taking the place. In short a wholly disgusting bunch of individuals who you probably don’t want anywhere near your children. Hope this review is useful and saves other families the pain of watching their child be harmed by dishonest and bigoted individuals who have no place in the education system in the 21st century.
    • Hello! Our fridge freezer just died and need a short term replacement while we wait for our new kitchen to be installed please   Thank you in advance. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In