Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

Hi Asset,

Apologies if I inadvertently offended you by posting this in the wrong section, I have only recently discovered the forum and this is my first foray out of the Property & Wanted sections.

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome, though!

When the train comes to a halt about 30 metres outside London bridge and sits there for about 10 to 15 minutes my blood boils!

I hate people who daudle about at busy train stations fcucking about with their I-pods or any other digital attachment and getting in everyones way.

People that wont take the piss out of themselves now and again.

People who are to lazy/selfish not to use their right to vote.

Indiciciveness.

PinkyB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Asset,

>

> Apologies if I inadvertently offended you by

> posting this in the wrong section, I have only

> recently discovered the forum and this is my first

> foray out of the Property & Wanted sections.

>

> Thanks for the lovely warm welcome, though!

Pleasure. My tongue was partly in my cheek obviously due to thread title as Sean summised but in fact threads like this irritate me as it's just more reason for people to start moaning about other people and I don't like that.

Yes some people are rude fuckwits but wait for the irrational rage anecdotes about people pushing pushchairs or walking too slowly and it soon begins to grate.

I think sometimes having a little moan on somewhere safe like the forum is better than fuming inside about things that annoy you. It does seem that similar things seem to press the 'anger' button on a lot of people, things that probably wouldn't have even registered 20 or even 10 years ago, like the speed of people walking!!!

At Denmark Hill station when a train is going through without stopping, the tannoy system announces that this train is not for customer use. This annoys me since there usually are passengers/customers on the train who are using it; it's just not stopping. Why can't they announce that the train isn't scheduled to stop at this station?

When you are driving down Lordship Lane (or any other road for that matter), you start to indicate, slow down near a parking spot. Line up parallel to it. You can't drive in forward so you move slightly forward of it so that you can reverse into it and the car behind go so far up your arse that you can't reverse. They then start beeping and pulling their faces.

I find it infuriating when you are waiting patiently for a space in a car park while the occupant of the space unloads their shopping and returns their trolley. Just as they drive out and you prepare to reverse in, someone else comes along and drives straight in, completely ignoring the fact that you are parked up and indicating. Feel its not worth challenging them and avoid the confrontation but did stick up for someone who was preparing to reverse into the space I was vacating when someone did it to them. Between us we managed to shame them into moving on.

Edited for typo

No it isn't, it's a perfectly good queue, it goes from the stop to the bottom of the station and then loops back up and falls to pieces slightly around the station manager cubbyhole. But if you're 150th in the queue you're not likely to get on the next bus anyway.

But then bastards come out of the station, look at the queue, hesitate and then turn left and mingle with the front of the queue. Grrrrrrrr again.

Edited to say that this was a response to the good capitain, but for SeanMac I mean the queue for the first bus stop, the 48 and 149.

Well, that's kind of my point. Most bus-stops are just a free-for-all, which is rather a shame (and as commented on recently by Lost Yorkshire Man, it's not a universal approach, but a new London approach). But in the station at London Bridge, there is a great example of a very fair and self-regulated queueing system for an incredibly busy stop where hundreds of people get the bus in a really short period of time. So it's extra annoying that people jump in.

I'm going to go and lie down now, as I'm embarrassed that I've ranted about queues quite so much. No-one could doubt that I'm British!

PinkyB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> People who wait at pedestrian crossings and don't

> press the button.

No, much worse are those people who press the button when there's no traffic in sight and they could easily get accross well before any traffic could possibly get there. Aaargh!

They get across the road before the lights have hardly changed to stop the traffic. The poor drivers arrive at the lights, find no one crossing and have to sit there fuming.

I've seen it done a few times whilst walking up the Strand on my way to work. There you have two carrageways with an island and with separate lights.

So both streams are held up eventually. Aaargh! Aaargh! The perpetrators usually seem to disappear into the nearby HMRC offices adjacent to Bush house and are predominately of a certain gender.

I've felt like saying something but it would be taken as a rebuke and probably encourage them to do it even more.

I particularly enjoy walking in a straight line down oxford st and not swerving when someone comes barelling towards me. its funny how "the little people" think that their intimidating 75kg (estimated) of staunch front , is going to even register when they bump into me. and when the best line they can come up with is "fat c**t" i am reminded of a line

Yes , Im fat ,

But Your Ugly

I can Diet

But with that face , your F**Ked

now trying to remember what movie that was in.

P.s Am very polite and helpful to those that deserve it