Andystar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> bigbadwolf Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > For your next drinks can I suggest you pencil

> in

> > the Palmerston as it's receiving a lot of

> > attention at the other side of the forum.

>

> I've heard that they do good crab..

>

Could be a sideways move.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's a good idea....just shame about the

> weather

A agree Quids - if the weather was lovely sunshine there would be no problem. The whole idea of moving to a Saturday was to give those with families a chance to enjoy the drinks when they might otherwise be looking after kiddies on a Friday evening. Overcast skies and a bit of rain doesnt make it a bad idea.

The idea is perfect and am glad that it was put forward. We enjoyed ourselves and it was lovely to meet some other forumite parents, (nice to meet you pickle and sanitygirl and your little ones) as well as catching up with regulars. Only sorry I couldn't stay longer.

I thought the weather was fine and my two were in t-shirts and loved running around the playground. That said others were in coats and scarves and shivering with hot toddies and cups of coffee - note to self, better check out my thyroids.

Hope everyone has a good time tonight. I won't be there alas.

Was lovely to meet some of you today, my two enjoyed themselves and it was nice to put some faces to names. Hope tonight goes well for those of you that make it - I'll do my best to come along to some drinks without the kids next time so I can have a proper conversation!

I met Georgia for the second time, Strawbs, Jaws, Raj, MsMacgabhan, and the forum's two princes Sean and the majestic Mockney who is a gentleman and a scholar. I was handing out autographs all over the shop and nearly got brained by a flying sofa. Apart from that some interesting chit chat but to be honest I'd be surprised if they could hear me over my yellow top.