Lunch at the Vale

Does anyone NOT get that? (apart from my flatmate who has somehow managed to reach the grand old age of 38 without having ever watched the genius that is Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Personally: at least 36 times since the age of 15, I would say.

"Graaaaace!"

Am just lovin' this thread... I have burst out about 20 times reading through it..

I am well and truly honoured that my initial 'youth-club-on-a-saturday-night' jibe had a part to play in the Valegate scandal!

Apologies to the Bishop and the EDT though, the comment I made about walking around view the competition must have hit a nerve. Oooops.

There is no excuse for not having seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, unless -

No, there's just no excuse.

I did a film degree and denied it for years, but now I'm out and proud - Ferris totally pisses on the collected works of Ingmar Bergman. Does "Smiles On A Summer Night" have Charlie Sheen in it? No it does not! Score one to Ferris!

PinkyB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Not once did I feel crushed or devalued"!!

>

> Loving this line. Why do I suspect this is an

> exact quote from a letter of complaint they've

> have recently? Let's face it, no-one uses that

> phrase in normal conversation.

>

> "I went to Sainsburys on Saturday afternoon, the

> queues were massive and there were only about 5

> tills open. I have to say, I felt completely

> crushed and devalued."

>

> "I got on the 176 bus last night, after waiting

> twenty minutes, it was rammed as usual and I

> couldn't sit down because someone had their bags

> on the seat. I felt completely crushed and

> devalued."

>

> "My cat ran away at the weekend, I felt completely

> crushed and devalued."

>

> See, it sounds almost normal now, doesn't it?

>

> Now determined to shoehorn this phrase into

> monthly sales meeting with boss this afternoon!

How about "disempowered and marginalised"?

Why is it so expensive in the Bishop? I went in the Bishop last week and ordered a Coke and their equivalent of a JD & Coke and I think it came to ?5.90!

I think a Coke costs ?1.50 in the EDT, and a pint of Lager ?3.50 - but sure about JD & Coke?

What are the equivalent prices in other East Dulwich pubs such as the the Bishop, CPT, Magnolia & Vale?

I was having a drink with my friends Brian and Glyn in The Vale last night. I took ?10 out of the whip and bought a large lager shandy, a rum and coke, and a pint of brilliantly kept bitter. When I returned ?4-85 to the whip we all agreed The Vale is:

DE best value in ED

Roll-on next Tuesday's post-Badminton drinks I say.