July EDF Drinks - Saturday 4th July at The Rye Hotel

georgia

what about the Lounge for friday night (that was such a good night!!) and the Magnolia for the sunday?? it has a courtyard garden at the back, or the Herne again as good for kids to have an safe open space to run around in (for those who may want to do it family style....)

xxcc

Hold on a minute. I am happy to organise the Friday evening drinks but if people really want to go to a different venue on the Sunday I am going to have to leave it to someone else to arrange! Plus I think it will get a bit confusing having two events in different places in the same week.

Mike P and I have a list of venues we planned to go to up until the end of this year, though we are of course flexible if new venues come up. But we are not going to go back to venues we have already done this year ie: The Lodge, The Herne. We are trying to go to different places each month.

Seeing as the last drinks were held in Peckham why can't you lot pull your socks up and come up to my neck of the wood in Forest hill. You'll get more pint for your Pound and the air's cleaner up on the hill.

Come on Keef, get behind me on this!

No smart arsed comments from you either Quids!

I wastn't that keen on the Lodge - didnt have much (or any) draft beer. I guess you could take a trip down to the EDT to get it, but it is a bit of an imposition if someone offers you a drink :-). Social wise it was nice....

Havent done the Gowlett recently (or have I forgotten).

I think The Hob would be great, they have live music on Fridays too, and it's free to get in. (speaking of which, we're playing there in November, but that's way off).

Regarding Sunday drinks, I could be wrong, but I can't see it happening. People want to do family stuff, or go to the pub with their mates for a Sunday drinking session. It's a lazy day, not one for making polite chit chat. That's just my opinion, like I say, I could be very wrong about it.

happy to go with those Georgia

Agree with Keef as well re: Sunday's - it just won't happen in the way Friday night drinks have worked

The best thing about Fri night drinks were the fact that they were reliable and you knew when people would show up. That's not to give out about the idea of summer/family venues on Saturdays - It was a great idea but after 2 "goes" I would favour a return to Friday's. That doesn't help people with kids but at this rate it is those people (and I'm thinking that's one or two people on any given Saturday) who will turn up to find no-one else there

georgia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am not convinced that the Saturday drinks are

> working very well. So do we go back to Fridays for

> August or stick with Saturdays???

I would love for it to go back to Fridays G.. We cant make the next two as it is on a sat x

georgia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My proposal is:

>

> 7th August - The Plough

> 5th September - The Gowlett (we were going to do

> this in April but The Lodge invited us there

> instead)

Can make the 7th after a friend's bday drink.. No can do the 5th but we will see you guys in October xoxo

The Saturday "family" idea was nice (although it was never intended to be a family thing as such", but it would seem it doesn't really work. I guess whether it's a nice idea or not, it is hard for people to commit, when it can take 2 hours to leave the house, and you are at the mercy of the weather.

Perhaps we should try to organise a one off "Park Life" day, for a game of rounders, and a few cans of beer. That, I believe, was the original idea behind trying a Saturday. Don't know if it would work, but worth a try...

Agree with Keef as well re: Sunday's

Nice to find a bit of common ground again ;-)

BBW.

Sorry I didn't do formal intros to the missus and the kids but my little girl's obssessed with the BBW and I didn't want to lose one of the few remaining weapons in my armoury (ie fear of the Big Bad Wolf) by introducing her to a very pleasant looking and amiable young man carrying Bleak House, and saying "This is the BigBad Wolf".

[quote name='Georgia

if people really want to go to a different venue on the Sunday I am going to have to leave it to someone else to arrange!]

very fair comment Georgia... any offers for arranging the family thing? (no good suggesting me... you cheeky scamps...just in case anyone was going to suggest it' date=' that is... no kids!! and already organising a monthly EDF event at the Mag)

Keef this sounds a fab idea...

[quote=Perhaps we should try to organise a one off "Park Life" day, for a game of rounders, and a few cans of beer. That, I believe, was the original idea behind trying a Saturday. Don't know if it would work, but worth a try...

Quote:']

Going forward... still wondering if there is a trend towards gettings better turn outs on Fridays? Do you have a feeling for this Georgia?

7th August - The Plough

5th September - The Gowlet

both great ideas and so far looking good for me!!!

thanks again Georgia (sorry I wimped out and did not wait longer on Sat!!)

Hi, I just joined edf a while ago. I would love to go to one of the drinks nights, but not sure if I'd have the bottle to turn up to a pub not knowing anyone. Also I wouldn't recognise any of you so would probably end up approaching a different group with them wondering who the nutter is. What was it like when you first went? I have visions of doing what charliecharlie did - hover for a bit and then leave.

First drinks I went to was at the Phoenix and I was so close to introducing myself to a table full of chavs... but thankfully I recognised someone on the other table and so saved being thrown out of the window. Next one is at the Plough and because it'll be a good turn out I'd say just head for the largest group.