EDF Drinks - Friday, 7th August, at The Plough

georgia

Bookworm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I really enjoyed last night and it certainly

> cheered me up. Everyone was so friendly and made

> us newbies really welcome.

Ah, I'm glad Bookworm. Make sure you have a say in husband's rota though so that he can babysit for the next EDF drinkies...failing that, get your mum down again!!;-)

I had a lovely time... chatted to all sorts of tip top forumites, the penultimate highlight being meeting CitizenED's wife for the 1st time...

we made each other really laugh, brilliant... thanks V

the ultimate moment was that I only had one G&T and then went 'soft',

so as I left I thought 'no hangover tomorrow, hooray!'...

ps LegalE... you are looking fab... keep up the good work

xxCC

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> "As ever I'll be the cross between Fr Ted and

> Paulie from Sopranos"

>

> Yes but with an additional air of mystery ..

...and now with a touch of the Grissoms...

Hee hee

I managed to get some (admittedly not very sober) forumites to say that I look like Gillian Anderson, so I think I did quite well out of the celebrity looky-likeys on Friday.

Although, come to think of it, she is about 15 years older than I am. :-S

Also met some very nice new medical forumites recently moved from Dublin, caught up with old friends, cleared up respective misconceptions with brum, got bought a drink by charliecharlie (thank you!) and snaffled a DVD, so it was a good night for me.

It was a fun night on Friday, although as always I didn't get to talk to nearly as many people as I wanted to. MrJ and I also spent a while chatting to the charming new forumites from Dublin, whose names I can't for the life of me remember *waves*

Moos, darling, you're much more lovely than Gillian Anderson and younger and taller.

And I'm a fan of the beard..... although maybe that's because I had a bit of a thing for Grissom in the early days of CSI:-$

Friday was an excellent night. First one I'd been to in a while and a bloody good turn out it was too. The Guinness was flowing and there was plenty of fun to be had.

Chatted to quite a few people I hadn't met before or can't remember meeting before and most of the usual suspects and people I've made good friends with.

I have to agree that Moos is far better looking than Gillian Anderson and the very lovely LegalEagle-ish is looking especially fabulous in her new found sobriety (well done that girl).

Also have to say that I think the beard rather suits Sean Mac. It gives him a very distinguished man of letters look and an air of sophistication not that he's ever been lacking in that department. Smart move. Keep it.

annaj Wrote:

I bet there's a special place in your heart for Dr Beverley Crusher isn't there? ;-)

This really made me laugh. She really was a personality bypass with her big cow eyes through which the back of her skull could be dimly made out. Did anyone see that episode when Dr. Bev went to do did some kind of space aerobics with wassername the telepath with the hooters, both of them wearing thoroughly unsuitable space leotards? Hilarious, and obviously intended to be a bit erotic but in fact about as sexy as Blu-tack.

Am I off topic?

annaj Wrote:

> But it says on the internet that she's 5ft 3.

> Are you telling me that not everything on the

> internet it true?

>

> Crikey! That's really very serious.

Very serious indeed. I've heard that some of the things said in newspapers and the television aren't true either, but I don't believe that.

I'd say from my not-very-in-depth brief glimpse in passing on a dark evening in Piccadilly that she's about 5ft.