Le Moulin

Jeremy

For Christ's sake, I don't read this section of the forum for a couple of days and the world has gone mad!

Why would susyp come on here and make up some total lie about a random establishment?!?!?!? I believe you Louisa that this is very unlike the place in question, but that doesn't mean that everyone that has ever eaten there has had a good experience.....

I would suggest susy try it again, and see how it goes. Then post on here....

(sorry if you all ready have, but I couldn't bring myself to read anymore!).

I've not eaten there, and have onlt heard good things from friends who have, so Mrs Keef and I plan to try it......

Thing is Louisa, you know the owners, which is fair enough... I am very good friends with the guys at the CPT, and love the pub, but if someone came on here and said they'd had a crap night and a dodgy pint there, I wouldn't call them a liar.

I went there. I had scallops. They were quite nice.

I know that's not very helpful but I thought I'd stand out more if I took a drearily middle-of-the-road opinion. I'm going there on Friday with my new girlfriend. I say that as a way of crowbarring in the fact that I have a new girlfriend.

Ok let's not go back over all this again folks. I suggest that rather Louisa go in and upset herself and probably the owners (who by all accounts, are decent people), I go back in there and if everything is as good as everyone says it is (and the food WAS good when I went), I will let bygones be bygones and post a message to that effect. OK?:))

Next time I'll post about a missing cat, or something....

Christ. The antagonism.

Although i dont think its helped by the fact that Louisa actually IS the redoubtable Margaret of Eric and Margaret fame.

"Margerat? MARGERAT! Gentleman here wants to know if we've got anything made from real food?" etc etc Little Britain

Louisa, as I think has been noted before, is not a real person, but a forum construct designed to wind-up "incomers" (ho-hum, how hilarious) and it's something "she" (actually a 31 year old banker called Roland who's recently moved here from Clapham) does very well. The fact that people still take any notice amazes me. Only a construct could possibly get any enjoyment from banging on and on and on and on about how ED was so much better when it was populated by greasy-haired, varicose-pinned, damp-cardy-wearing, zip-up-bootie-sporting, penury-struck pensioners eating cold gravel 'round a one bar fire and fretting about keeping a decent supply of newspaper in the outside "lavvy".

rob, I'm not sure if your saying that louisa is a person created by this forum (she's not) but before the site gets a complaint and has to remove your post do you actually know that he/she/it is 31 year old Roland etc etc..?

• 2 weeks later...

Review of Le Moulin - as promised - and BIG confession......!

I went to Le Moulin at the end of last week, to see if i liked it more the second time around. As we pitched up merrily along Lordship Lane - horror of horrors , I realised the restaurant that I had thought was Le Moulin was actually....Le Chardon....!! So, by now of course I was completely guiltstruck, we wandered the length and breadth of Lordship Lane looking for aforementioned restaurant. Found it tucked away down the other end of Lordship Lane (the clues were there in this thread - next to the Plough!). Went in, to a candle lit table and warm welcome (now almost beside myself with guilt). We had the most delicious meal, with charming service. It's a fantastic gem of a restaurant, and I must apologise for getting my facts so spectacularly wrong.... the only saving grace is that now i have found a lovely french restaurant in the area, without any of the pretensions of the others.

thought i should update this thread because if you google "Le Moulin", this comes up, and I wouldn;t want to put off prospective customers

i;ll pm this to louisa as well!

.....i;ll get my coat....

Ouch SusyP - this must hurt!

To be honest I'm surprised one of us didn't pick up on that before - re-reading your description of what you thought was Moulin perfectly describes the experiences I have had in le Chardon at least 50% of the time I have been in there whereas I've never had a bad experience at Le Moulin

So you are treating the forum to a slap up meal at Le Moulin then to make up for it?? ;-)

Susyp, thankyou for your honesty, and I am glad you had such a wonderful experience. Perhaps a few other people on this forum who seem to harbor negative opinions about this place could now take the hint and try it for themselves. It isnt pretentious, and it is good quality.