Forum Sponsors

Daisylets Residential Property Management
xxxx
www.lorenzophotography.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839Next
Current Page: 36 of 39
messageRe: Ask Admin
Posted by Alan Medic 19 January, 2016 16:29

The title shows up as Keef. However once entered into Keef it shows up as Lounge.

Posted by Administrator 19 January, 2016 16:54

Weird, are you able to send a screenshot? You can email it to admin@eastdulwichforum.co.uk if it's easier.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Alan Medic 20 January, 2016 07:38

Have emailed you.

Posted by Administrator 20 January, 2016 11:06

Ah, so it's the Google Search results showing up Keef in their quick links. [www.google.co.uk]

I'm not sure why that is, I'll see if I can change it through Google's Webmaster Tools.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Alan Medic 20 January, 2016 13:18

Like I said I've seen Narnia pop up too. I'd be interested to know why it happens, if it's not too technical.......

Posted by Administrator 20 January, 2016 15:59

I think it's because the Lounge section doesn't have a page title that Google can reference in the code, so Google picks up something else. Why it picks up Keef and Narnia I don't know.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Alan Medic 27 January, 2016 07:32

Hi Admin,

I sent a PM to someone early yesterday morning. I thought I was imagining having sent it as when looking later in the day it wasn't in my Sent folder. However I did get a reply which quoted my message though it's still not showing in my Sent folder. Hasn't caused me any distress but I thought you might like to know.

Posted by mynamehere 15 February, 2016 00:17

Could you delete the thread about a new chance to save the woods. It is off topic and personal. My opinion, thanks

Posted by Megan87 23 March, 2016 17:39

How do I write a post?
Thanks,
M.

Posted by BrandNewGuy 10 April, 2016 13:29

Hi Admin, there are now two active threads in 'General ED issues / gossip...' to do with the planning application at DHFC. Would it be possible to lock 'Exhibition of the proposed redevelopment at DHFC' and refer forumites to 'Planning application submitted for new DHFC stadium' instead? That should avoid any confusion of threads. Many thanks!

Posted by jojo1707 10 April, 2016 17:33

Admin can you please tell me why my post was removed about looking for Mark Donaldson.

Posted by Administrator 11 April, 2016 07:24

Jojo1707
It's because there were too many personal details given out about that individual.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Esme9 13 July, 2016 16:00

Richard Mitchell, electrician - there was a posting re Richard on the forum a couple of days ago however, this seems to have disappeared. As I am one of Mr Mitchell' s dissatisfied clients and am in the early stages of submitting a legal claim regarding a monetary advance given to him before he disappeared, I was interested to read that a couple of other people had the same experience as myself. Is there any way, I can get in touch with these people via your forum or has all the info been deleted? I would be interested to know why the thread was removed, if you are able to tell me.
Many thanks.

Posted by Administrator 15 July, 2016 08:54

If you send me a Private Message as a reminder I'll get back to you next week. I can't remember any it was removed.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by turtle 21 July, 2016 10:02

I left a 2 out of my heading re missing dogs found, is there anyway you can put it in, I am getting a lot of stick about it but can cope if you are not able to. All publicity for this dire situation is good even if I have to take a few knocks.

Thanks

Posted by ianr 21 July, 2016 11:29

> I left a 2 out of my heading re missing dogs found, is there anyway you can put it in

You can do it yourself. Edit it in your opening post.

Posted by turtle 25 July, 2016 10:40

Thanks.

Posted by rahrahrah 29 July, 2016 12:51

Hi Admin. I can't start a new thread for some reason? Help!

Posted by Carrie 29 July, 2016 13:02

Hi Admin

I used to get email notifications whenever I received a new private message. For some reason this is no longer happening (although I don't think I have ticked or unticked any boxes) and I have missed some messages.

I have checked my profile and it says email notification of new private messages is enabled so not sure what I need to do to make sure that I get an email.

Can you help?

Posted by ianr 29 July, 2016 13:53

I'm not speaking for Admin, but do you know if it is a continuing thing? I've just sent myself a test PM, and duly received the notification email. If that test fails, I'd suspect your mail delivery or collection. Check first whether the notification is maybe ending up in a junk or spam mailbox. A further test/stratagem might then be to try changing your registered EDF email address so that you get it via a different server.

Posted by rahrahrah 29 July, 2016 14:24

rahrahrah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Admin. I can't start a new thread for some
> reason? Help!

I can comment on existing threads but cannot create a new one (the page just refreshes but doesn't post).

Posted by Carrie 29 July, 2016 16:09

Thanks ianr - I followed your suggestions - it does seem to be a problem with that particular email account - I have switched email addresses and it is all working perfectly again.

Posted by Loz 29 July, 2016 16:10

rahrahrah Wrote:
> rahrahrah Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hi Admin. I can't start a new thread for some
> > reason? Help!
>
>
> I can comment on existing threads but cannot
> create a new one (the page just refreshes but
> doesn't post).

That usually means you have a banned word in the text.

Posted by Administrator 29 July, 2016 18:24

rahrahrah, if you PM me the message you're trying to post then I can probably tell you what the word is. It's usually bump.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 29 August, 2016 00:57

I wondered why my thread on dangerous Deliveroo bikes in ED was lounged? I did focus specifically on what's going on in this area rather than on the company so it seemed appropriate to me.

Posted by Administrator 29 August, 2016 22:14

You're addressing a Deliveroo issue not a specific East Dulwich issue. I suggest taking it up with Deliveroo.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 29 August, 2016 22:53

Thanks. I am (mentioned in the thread).

Posted by Alan Medic 02 September, 2016 13:14

Hello Admin.

I just wondered if it was feasible for each post in a thread to have a number? The idea of this is to stop people quoting a whole bl**dy post to add their 3 words of comment. Instead they could quote number 54 or whatever.

Posted by jenny pink 23 September, 2016 23:38

Hi,
what is your view on animal products...ie.skin,fur,teeth

regards
Jenny

Posted by Administrator 24 September, 2016 12:49

jenny pink Wrote:
> Hi,
> what is your view on animal
> products...ie.skin,fur,teeth
>
> regards
> Jenny

The forum doesn't create a market for them, and if infrequently people want to dispose of them via the forum then it's fine.

--------------------
The Administrator

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839Next
Current Page: 36 of 39

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed