Forum Sponsors

Your Local Personal Trainer
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
messageRe: Missing post since sorting office moved to peckham
Posted by ianr June 17, 02:34PM

My Private Eye (expected Wed.12/6) hasn't arrived yet. That's the second instance this year. When I mentioned it to my postie he said that he'd not seen any PEs at all recently. So, before I contact PE subs again: Has any other subscriber received theirs, or not?

Posted by JohnL June 17, 03:31PM

My "signed for" letter fitted through the letterbox and I wasn't in so they just pushed it through.

Small thing I know but the sender probably gets a fake signature (or none at all ?)

Posted by Penguin68 June 17, 03:35PM

Has any other subscriber received theirs, or not?

Yes, arrived on time - and I've not missed any of those. A political weekly is less certain in arriving, sometimes 1-3 days late. But now being delivered sometime, which wasn't true a year ago!

Posted by Bic Basher June 17, 05:52PM

Private Eye is published on a Tuesday, on sale in Central London and posted that day as well for Wednesday, when the rest of the stockists get them.

One of my mag subs was two days late last week, but I get Private Eye from the shop on a Weds.

Posted by ianr June 18, 01:22PM

Thanks P68. I assume you're in SE15 or SE22. Nothing today either, so I'll get my claim in.

They're not the only things that have gone missing this year. A slghtly larger than A3 flat medium parcel didn't arrive in ?March. I was perhaps lucky to get the replacement three weeks ago. I found it mid-afternoon left on the doorstep, definitely no bell ring. And a 'signed-for' letter was delivered here on Friday, with no attempt to get a signature. I think I can feel a bulk call to RM complaints coming on.

Posted by Penguin68 June 18, 01:24PM

SE22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 18, 01:24pm by Penguin68.

Posted by ianr June 18, 01:28PM

Snap, ta.

Posted by ianr July 11, 02:24PM

Another sitrep request on Private Eye deliveries in SE22 please. Mine, due yesterday, again hasn't yet arrived. Thankfully the crossword is online, so I can at least be getting on with that.

Posted by Penguin68 July 11, 02:33PM

Mine arrived yesterday - Underhill

Posted by ianr July 11, 02:48PM

Thank you. I'm in the lowlands.

Posted by Bic Basher July 14, 04:36PM

A few weeks ago I got someone's Private Eye who lives in Melford Road. Seeing as it was so close, I hand delivered it to them.

Posted by ianr Today, 07:49PM

The Royal Mail complaints page [personal.help.royalmail.com], once you manage to reach it, offers you two "Email Us" options:

1) "Send a message now" -- ie complete a web form. "We aim to reply within 3 working days"
2) "Alternatively, you can contact us at customer.service.team@royalmail.com
We aim to answer emails sent to this address within 10 working days."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was today, 07:51pm by ianr.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum