'The Lane'?

The Lane reminds me of life in the Wiltshire countryside, as in "I'm off to the the farm shop down the lane". Lordship Lane every time for me although I've heard it referred to as "The Strip" a few times.

Oi! I'm Spurs fan and rarely confused apart from when I've mixed up my drugs with too much alcohol or vice versa. I certainly wouldn't get confused between White Hart Lane and Lordship Lane but, yes I have heard it called the Strip on many occasions but that would refer to the bit where all the restaurants and bars are from the EDT to the Magdala.

Fear n' boozing and I have called it the strip before, but only in a p!ss taking manner.

I only heard "The Lane" recently when my sister said she'd heard it.... It's rubbish, but it is easier to say when drunk! I usually just point in the general direction and say "I'm going sown there for beer"... People get what I'm saying ;-)

As for "Town", I had a girlfriend a few years back from Oooop North, and when we stayed in Dulwich for the first time. she told me she was going to go in to town. I of course instructed her to walk down to Lordship Lane, and jump on a 176, only for her to look at me like I was mental... That said, Lordship Lane is rather more lively that the actual centre of the town she was from!

If anything, I actually like "The Strip", just because it's such an obvious p!ss take >:D<

The lane has to be Rye Lane because it was the place to shop back in the 60s and 70s, lordship lane was basically nothing comparably back then..... I've always refered to Lordship Lane by it's full name back to topic..

Is it only me or did anyone else think that photo of Helen Lederer was simply dreadful? Last month she was in Dulwich Life magazine, and she looked happy and life like. A normal pretty woman of her age. In the Living South she looked so airbrushed that she was unrecognisable. Why did they do that?