> swim in the Serpentine all year round are a real

> mix of ages, ability, cultures (and 'class' if we

> have to bring such a thing into this). I really

> hope this happens - it will be good for everyone

> in this area. Come on get behind a great idea,

> swimming is a perfect way of keeping fit and

> healthy - money well spent I think.

I never said it was.. I do not use the term 'Hipster'

Hipsters to me were trousers usually flares that had a wide belt.. :)

I used to swim at Peckham as a kid and also Brockwell Park.

I just feel that the geographic site is not suitable with the heavy traffic and lack of parking.

Brockwell Park has parking and has far safer access.

DulwichFox

ETA Saftey must be Priority of any Feasibility Study..

Great news - The total required has been reached, to the feasibility study should now go ahead.

Of course, there will be compromises, and I am sure there will be some opposition, but the overwhelmingly positive nature of this campaign will drown out the local trolls.

Well done everyone.

nxjen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't know why you're so negative about it DF: is

> it going to personally do you any harm if it gets

> built?

It's not a case of being negative.. It's a case of being realistic.

I would be happy to see the pool re-built. Obviously a modern design. not to original spec. :)

The old pool was pretty dire.

It will take a considerable amount of planning and time to complete.

The fact that a Feasability Study is required backs up my concern about whether it can be done.

and at what cost.

Foxy

DF-- all projects require feasibility studies. This isn't any reflection on the viability of the idea but rather a precursor to raising specific funding to execute the business plan.

Anyhow, there are a number of heated open air pools operating in London (though not locally) so there are clear cases of the economic viability working for this type of venture.

If you go to the funding page there detail all the plans there. The lido will not be from the river Peck. At a later stage they may create a separate smaller pool alongside the lido that is from the river but that isn't the main proposal.

• 1 year later...

Try getting into Brockwell Lido in the summer.... the queues are around the block and back.

I think having another option is fantastic and causes no harm.

If you don't like the sound of it, don't get involved.

Take care .'an unused corner' of Peckham Rye Common . Does that mean it is currently part of the common ?

Although all this sounds like a great idea you are suggesting buildings on public land . Where will this end ? The council may decide that yes you can have it but you have to also build some luxury flats thus giving them the green light to sell publicly owned green spaces to developers.

Councils have been doing this for the past few years but they must not be allowed to sell off our parks .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...