Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for sorting it out even though you won't be there, Caroline!

Hope to see a couple of you later, anyway, although I am knackered I will try to be as lively as poss!

If anyone is ever up for coffee in the daytime, I'm not working, due to various reasons, so feel free to drop me a text and we can do a coffee crawl along Lordship Lane or something?!

I was about to put my number up here, but I guess any random could see it, so maybe PM me if you're up for it.

Have a good week everyone,

Hannah x

Hi All

Steph here (was previously Goldielab but this is my own account). Apologies but I won't be making it tonight as I have a stinking cold and cough - I don't think anyone would want to share that.

I should be on for next week though if there is a meet up?

Steph

oh no! that's really sad - I wasn't going to be able to make it tonight due to other plans, but I cancelled them as I'm also down with this rubbish cold going around... I should be there next Thursday though so hopefully see a few of you then.

do people want to share phone numbers / emails? If so, we could add the info to the due dates list when we next meet up and create some sort of uber spreadsheet! xx

Oh Hannahkt - I'm sorry to hear you ended up on your own.

Do people think we should just stick to fortnightly meetings at the Actress - seems a better bet and people can always arrange other meet-ups during the day and at other times by posting on here?

I can definitely make next Thursday at the actress.

Congratulations to all those who have had their second scans - mothercourage, hope yours went well last night. We had ours this morning and it's a boy! Which we are thrilled about!

See you all next week.

x

BB - amazing news! My scan went well. We didn't find out the sex although I watched intently through the whole thing and saw no obvious signs of it being male. So we're now thinking it's more than likely another girl. The estimated birth weight is 7lbs 11 which I am happy about. Seems manageable...

Poor you, HannahKT. Hope you didn't wait around too long?? Maybe fortnightly is a good idea? I can always meet you for a coffee mid-week as my daughter's at school now. PM me if you fancy and I'll give you my number.

Hi All

I've been really rubbish at coming to any of the pub meets due to one thing or another or being too tired, so I've not met any of you yet. Last night we had our 2nd hypnobirthing session so couldn't pop along either, and I've had the cold!

My maternity leave starts in 2 weeks, so I'd def be up for more of a lunch or coffee type affair, and I'll try to make it to the Gowlett next Thursday - if its still going ahead?!

Please feel free to PM me if anyone fancies a catch up outside of the pub meets, I know I havent met any of you yet but I remain new to the area with first bambino on the way, so desperate to make some friends for the exciting time ahead!

Moomin

Quite possible that fortnightly would be better - or it could have just been a bit unfortunate this week as lots of people have colds at the moment?!

Just to note - The Actress was pretty busy when we went last Thursday and I think it was also a bit hard for people to spot us until we were a big enough group. I don't know if we might be able to book an area for next week?

PS - I am definitely feeling a need to set up an uber-spreadsheet! Will organise it at the next meet... xx

I'm happy to meet for coffee with anyone who's up for it in the mornings (free from 9:15 till 11:45) while both of my older children are at school, or early afternoon (12:30 - 3ish) when it's just me and my (well behaved) 3 year old daughter. We often go straight from school to a cafe for lunch - generally Peckham Park, but could easily do Electrical Cafe too.

I think weekly evening meetups are ambitious, especially as we're all prone to tiredness and this time of the year it starts to get busy with various Xmas related social events.

So sorry about not making it last night- was held up at work and then with one thing and another decided I just needed to get home for some food! Hadn't checked on here to update though, so apologies Hannah!

Congratulations to those who've had scans- BB- a boy! How lovely! I think that means that we're both on team blue?!(or green or yellow or purple for that matter!) Mothercourage- congrats to you too, was that you at the pregnancy yoga this morning?

I agree fortnightly sounds more manageable.

Caroline

x

I'm so sorry I didn't make it last night, Hannah I can't apologise enough that you were on your own. This week is crazy at work with several late nights and I am feeling the strain! Is the next meet up on Thursday at the Actress? All being well I can do that one.

Congratulations to all who have had scans, I had mine last week and didn't find out what it was, but all is well.

Hope to see everyone next week.

Hi

No worries everyone, I survived! Thanks for the messages of concern though.

Scans are so exciting, aren't they? We were totally set on finding out sex until I told my husband I didn't want to find out the night before...when I repeated that the next day at the hospital he didn't remember- must make note to ask for more stuff when he's basically asleep!! ;-). So we're in yellow-nurseried ignorance! Exciting about the boy, BB. Mothercourage-will you try to find out later, or do you like the suspense now?!

I'm waiting to find out about some workmen next week, then I'll maybe suggest a date and place for midweek coffee for those of you who are around. Monday or Tuesday are looking good, so watch this space if you're up for that...

Fortnightly probably sounds like a plan.

Have fun at Actress and hope to catch up soon.

Hannah x

HI all,

Hannah, I will definately be up for coffee during the week as I also will not be working (paid anyway!) from now until Sprout's born, so keep me posted!

BB, congrats on the baby boy, that's great news!

A couple of things I wanted to let everyone know about:

RE: Dad's get together, my other half will probably arrange something for sometime in November as he is flat out for the rest of the month.

Also, I have signed up to do hypnobirthing with Kristin Hayward (http://www.kristinhayward.com), as she will now be running a course on the evenings of Mon 17th and 24th of November. There is another 1 or 2 spots available, so if anyone is interested, I am happy to pass on any info I have gained about her, but otherwise she is best contacted by leaving a voice mail or alternatively email.

Hope everyone's coping OK with added bump weight - I know I am starting to feel it a bit!

Cheers cherubs

Nicky xx

Hi ladies,

Sorry I couldn't make it on Tuesday we had a friend staying with us on that night. I'm sorry to hear you were on your own Hannah. I'll definitely be there next Thursday at the Actress and looking forward to seeing you all.

Congratulations to those who have had your scans. Am I correct in thinking we have more boys so far than girls? I'm so excited about our scan on Monday and naturally anxious as well. I can't wait to find out what we are having and seeing our little bubs hearing the s/he is happy and healthy. My little one is really active now; kicking and rolling around. It's so comforting and amazing to feel.

Mooncake, you're idea for a spreadsheet with emails and phone numbers is a great one.

See you on Thursday.

Sal

I've booked in to have a flu jab tomorrow morning as recommended but wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the flu jab and has anyone else had it?

This will be the first time I've had it and am naturally anxious about having it now I'm pregnant. But I'm also anxious about getting the flu as it does seem to be doing to rounds at the moment.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Sal

Hey all,

Wont be able to make it tonight as my other half gave me a beautiful present - MASSIVE FLU!!! ahhh... life ;)

Nicky - the hypnobirth with Kristin Hayward sounds great! I would def be interested - the dates are different thou (on the website it says 3/10/17 Nov) unless it is a different course? My baby+flu brain is totally confused today :)

Have a great time tonight ladies and I will see you in couple of weeks (am off for little break next week woohoo!)

PS> Congratulations to all those who have had their second scans and loads of virtual squishes to little girls and boys :)

Di

Hi all,

Sal I'm booked in for flu jab, as is daughter (for heart condition reasons). I didn't have it first pregnancy as that's when swine flu first appeared and jab didn't exist.

Last season daughter had jab and wasn't ill at all and I have no hesitations getting it done again. The jab protects against swine flu which my friend contracted whilst pregnant last year and was terribly ill and luckily her unborn baby was ok. I just don't think the risk is worth it!

Just so people aren't confused, the actress meet up isnext week Thurs Oct 20th as the gowlett was the plan for this week.

Congrats BB on boy and good luck for Mon Sal.. Will be waiting up updates!!

My friend was due on sat and is still waiting so advice I remember from last time.. Take your due date and add a week.. That way friends and family aren't texting you daily for updates, she's so fed up now!

Good luck everyone and hope to see lots again on Thurs

Anna x

Oh dear god... Sorry for all the BOLD in my post... Weird!!

I wouldn't panic too much about flu 'season' only starts in oct and haven't heard about latest swine flu outbreak...

Teaching is supposed to be considered more high risk as all the kids share their lergies and so far, no swiney kids to report!!!

I think the chance of getting ill enough to affect unborn is so small it's not worth panicking about but if you are offered jab then perhaps consider it, just to be safe?

X

Hi ladies

There's so much to think about, isn't there?! Flu jab hadn't even occurred to me, I'm just busy being excited about my final holidays I'm squeezing in - 3 of us are off to Dubai for relaxation and sunshine (PLEASE let my son start sleeping better!!) next week, for which I CAN'T WAIT! I then am fitting in a cheeky girls' weekend to Budapest at 30 weeks pregnant; just about OK!

Hence why I'm not around for next couple of evening meets. I am definitely up for coffees this week and the week I get back, I've just house issues - electrician, gas guy and mouse guys all in within a week, which is filling up week, by the time you have to allow a 2hour slot or whatever for them to come - who'd be a grown up, eh?!

So I'm free afternoons this week, Monday- Thursday, if anyone's up for meet up, drop me a PM with your number and I'll try to coordinate. I can then put a post on here in case anyone else is free as well, but I find it easier to sortout time and venue with just a couple/few.

Anyway hubbie is peeling veg and I feel i should help! Hope you're all having lovely weekends, good luck with scans, I can't wait for the 32 week one now- few weeks to go yet, though!

Hpe to catch up soon,

Hannah x

Hi all,

We had our 22 week scan yesterday. We are having a girl!! She's doing really well and is a very very active little thing. She would not stay still through the whole the scan, they had fun trying to do all the tests and measurements.

Unfortunately there is excess fluid around the baby which explains why I'm quite big for my dates. We saw the consultant who said the baby looks healthy, brain and organs look good so they do not think it's any of the more scary causes but I have to go back for another scan in 4 weeks time to check it again.

I was just wondering whether anyone has any experience of this?

I had my flu jab on Friday the only downside for me is I've now developed a cold. :(

Looking foward to seeing you all on Thursday at the Actress.

Sal