Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi All

Hope you and your bumps are doing well!

I think 10 of us can make 3rd Nov so far (hopefully more - more the merrier). Shall we meet at a pub from 7.30pm? Any suggestions which one? Somewhere that does food if people need to grab a bite to eat. I'll reserve an area once we decide. From the first meet I think we're all spread out across Peckham, Nunhead, ED and HH - so perhaps we should rotate the venue each meet up - covering off the areas?

Also I've taken the lead from other babies groups on the forum and pulled together a list of who has joined the thread so far - if I made a mistake just pm me and I'll amend. 17 so far which is great.

Jo

Lochie ? Rosie ? 29th Feb (2nd)

kat76 - Kat ? 29th Feb (3rd)

rebeccaben ? Rebecca - first week of March (2nd)

cg ? Caroline - very early March (2nd)

kittysailing ? 4th March

Jenifire - 6th March (1st)

jj55 ? Jo ? 12th March (1st)

midivydale - 12th March (1st)

Widdy 12th March (1st)

Countjc ? Jenny ? 12th March (2nd)

pommie - 14th March (2nd)

Yellow99 ? 17th March (1st)

jimnem - Emma ? 22nd March (1st)

parmaviolet end of March (2nd)

kassandra - early April (2nd)

SJK ? Sophie - 6th April (1st)

Lingonberry - 26th May (1st)

That's really useful Jo, thanks for doing that - am desperately still trying to put faces to Forum names following the last meeting! I'm Sophie as well by the way!

Food sounds good at the meet up on 3rd November, I'm still at the stage where i need to eat at least every half hour! If the Gardens was reasonably easy for people last time, should be go somewhere near there like the CLockhouse, or maybe Locale on East Dulwich Road, i think they've got a bar bit as well as the restaurant...

Yes, thanks Jo, really useful - 12th March looks like a busy day at the moment! I can also make the 3rd - having now completed my East Dulwich to Herne Hill move I'd vote for somewhere fairly central in East Dulwich as being broadly in the middle but as long as it's walking distance from one of the rail stations it's pretty easy for me.

Jenny

wow Jo that is so useful. so organised - a woman after my own heart! Seeing all the dates makes me not dread going over my due date now - I'd rather be on the ward with familiar faces so will try and keep my legs crossed til 12th March!

Yes I vote central ED/Lordship Lane for meet up, don't really mind where as long as there are seats

Rosie x

Hi all,

I'm expecting number 2 on April 14th and after meeting such lovely friends from this forum with my son would be great to meet another group of Mum's to share the 'joys' with!! I should be able to make Nov 3rd as well, I'm in ED so anywhere on LS Lane sounds perfect

Look forward to meeting you all!

Nikkix

Midivydale really hope you get well soon, rest up well.

Jo thanks for the list, funny how many of us due on the same day! I am happy with anywhere in ED or wherever. I'll be driving so can give any other HH girls a lift, think that's Jenny and Rosie but if there's anyone else let me know.

Looking forward to catching up.

Jenny

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the first meeting and being only 9 weeks pregnant (but I am still pregnant!), I'm keeping a low profile for now :-)! Every day at work is a struggle thou, feeling pretty rubbish most of the time. First scan booked for 14 Nov and I can't wait to see the baby, get the comfort that all is well (fingers crossed) and being able to tell everyone. I seem to be the only one due in May, and late May in fact, so more than 2 months behind most of you. :-)

Sanna

phew - glad the list was useful for everyone (even if a little over organised!) I was getting confused who said they could meet so much easier now.

There's about 11 of us that can come on the 3rd so far so I'll ring around places on/near LL tomorrow to see which can reserve us a seated area for 15 (can check numbers nearer the date). I'm new to the area so will call the places I've seen near LL (The Actress/The Bishop/Clock House?) and any other suggestions people have.

Midivydale - really hope you feel better soon and can make the 3rd.

Countjc - I hope to start legs bums and tums at Jaggs this week or next so see you there?

Sanna - I'm sure more May due people will join soon once scans have happened - they'll be more with a similar due date before you know it.

Jo

Hi all,

There is a place called Green and Blue on lordship lane and they have a little backroom that I believe that you can reserve. I have seen alot of mums with their babies have their get togethers there. It seems nice as they sit rather privately away from the rest of the place (Good perhaps if we want to get "birth information":) from the more experienced 2 or 3 time mums... )

Here is the link

http://www.greenandbluewines.com/

As the name suggests they do alot of wine and cheese but also do coffee and cake, lighter food etc.

Its just an idea in case the usual suspects are booked or cant host that many of us but I am not fussy. Anywhere that can feed me will do at the moment.

Hoping to see you all but will need to give you a def nearer the time which I hope is ok.

Love Caroline x

Hi everyone! So pleased I found out about Spring Babies Club. I'm pregnant with our 1st and due date is...(you won't believe)...12th March as well! Thrilled to see others on / around that date to share this experience with. If you're up for adding one more, I'd love to join you on 3rd Nov. Look forward to meeting you all.

(This is my 1st post on ED Forum so here's hoping I've got this right!)

N

Great to see more and more people joining, bring on the 12th of march, although the way things are going for me, I may well have to have a c-sec a few weeks earlier but fingers crossed I dont.

Love Green and Blue too, they do amazing hot chocs!

Unfortunately I am not able to go to legs, bums and tums as my hips/pelvis are playing up too much. Very jealous of those of you getting to stay fit!

Green and Blue booked for Thurs 3rd Nov from 7.30pm - reserved for 15. So far 13 have said they can come and if we end up with more than 15 I can change the booking (or we can squeeze up - the more the merrier!).

Really looking forward to seeing you all.

p.s. welcome Nix13!

Just seen this list - that's brilliant. Thank you, Jo!

Lots of March babies. I'll look forward to asking lots of advice for my April arrival!

See you all on 3rd Nov.

ps - Caroline (Midivydale), hope you're doing ok. x

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on East Dulwich forum, my friend recommend i come on here and look for the Spring club as she said it was a great support club for her last baby. I am due 21st April with my first baby and would love to meet up and meet you guys on 3rd November. Can you put my name down and look forward to meeting you all there.

Thanks and see you all soon,

Lucy