william rose butchers (Lounged)

neilly1973

Last Christmas I was treated like a very unimportant customer by WR. Being Scandy, I wanted to get a particular cut of meat for our Christmas dinner which would require the butcher to step out of his comfort zone. I went in in October to discuss this with the main man there - first off he said he wouldn't do it then he said he would and that he would have to cut it from a whole pig for me but he would do it if I came back two weeks prior to needing it. I did this - he refused to serve me saying he was too busy and I could speak to one of the others before barging past me out of the shop. The person I then spoke to said that he wouldn't do it and there i was without the cut of meat I needed. I ended up going to smithfields where they were able to help me with no attitude and no palming me off with alternative cuts which were already in the back room.

I do like the meat from WR but they can stuff their surly attitude in their 'only for regulars' christmas turkeys butt. I am now an 'irregular' user but wouldn't dream of trying to order a turkey or anything else from there as I am not keen

on being made to feel not in exclusive club!

Jamma Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Go in, buy your meat, pay, say thankyou and have a good weekend and you won't get any attitude out of any of the butchers

Unless you can't see too well and require a bit of help. But then I guess you should just be more considerate to the busy butchers and take a helper with you.

I reckon anyone will be lucky to find a Turkey this Christmas anyway. Tonights Standard "Turkeys to cost ?100 this Christmas".

So surely this is the year of the.... er, Goose! There are also a few ducks up in the park that look good eating.

Anyway - I don't want to pull this debate into the lounge. So back on track. Anyone who thinks WR is anything other than a great local butcher must be mad as a hatter. There.. I've said it.

That said, my 'favourite' staff member has recently departed.. sniff.

Someone's blabbed ! Mrs ed_pete called to say that while in WR this morning there was a hard copy of this thread on the counter and it was being actively discussed !

In that case:

Large shoulder of lamb, 2 Ch?teaubriand Steaks, free range chicken and 500g chicken livers

Cheers I'll drop by later.