EDF Cinema

mockney piers

"Is that a no to the trip to the IMAX with DM then BBW? I have always thought you two get on so well."

I can't quite envisage the woman behind the character of dulwichmum inviting me to catch a movie Mick Mac. We can, on scant occasion put our differences aside and treat each other with mutual tolerance and civility. It's just that when she insists on drawing attention to, or fantasises about the foolish possibility thay Ray Winstone could portray 007 that I have to draw attention to her questionable opinions.

I treat all of you with the equal contempt I hope you reserve for me, and wouldn't dream of treating any of you any differently.

Peace.

I saw 50 Dead Men Walking last night starring Jim Sturgess, Ben Kingsley and Rose McGowan. The film is an adaptation of a book by a former informant to special branch betraying the IRA during the 80's.

I thought it was an incredibly tense and gripping thriller and the whole cast was in my opinion flawless. The story was completely un-biased as well.

I thoroughly recommend it.

Re: Bleak House, a huge thank-you to BBW and to LegalEagle who respectively lent and passed to me the DVD of the BBC series. Absolutely corking, and pitched perfectly as hugely enjoyable, engaging, brilliantly acted melodrama. Unlike most dramas, the casting was uniformly excellent, even the drippy young Dickens-standard hero and heroine managed to provide some interest. Really recommend it.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I saw 50 Dead Men Walking last night starring Jim

> Sturgess, Ben Kingsley and Rose McGowan. The film

> is an adaptation of a book by a former informant

> to special branch betraying the IRA during the

> 80's.

>

> I thought it was an incredibly tense and gripping

> thriller and the whole cast was in my opinion

> flawless. The story was completely un-biased as

> well.

>

> I thoroughly recommend it.

ithought it was crap,very disjointed and all over the place. i know the story having read both the books many moons ago, but even with that knowledge i found it very difficult to keep track with what was happening and who was who. its watchable, but disappointing none the less. the 2nd film of that nights double bill was transporter 3, total hokum, but very enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

He's made some mistakes in the past, but he worked with some class directors and really understands cinema as art and entertainment.

I think he's been one of the most interesting directors in recent times, weirdly considering his acting background and his larger than life character learnt that less is more.

Millin dollar baby a bit schmaltzy for me but no denying the performances, likewise unforgivrn and great deconstruction of the western myth that helped make him too.

One of the better ones put it that way, though give me Leone (no, not lewis) any day of the week!!