> you hear them.

>

> http://webtrak.bksv.com/lhr

>

> (This one's for Heathrow. You can see the two

> different patterns depending on whether wind is

> from West or East - especially if you speed up the

> replay)

Also, you can simply ask, when (?) you email a complaint to Heathrow... :-)).

The first one (that I heard) was at 8am this morning - just after I woke up.

I don't feel that a complaint about the 114 landings that occurred during four preceding hours would be in good faith.

Complaining about things that don't affect you is the realm of the pervert.

fabfor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "20% more chance of dying of stress-related

> diseases under Heathrow flight path". Serious!!

Doesn't seem like much, in context. If one previously had a 5% chance of dying of stress-related diseases, that becoming 6% (20% greater) having lived under the flight path wouldn't appear to be a huge leap at all.

Mason Wrote:

> I cannot understand why nobody complains about the

> flights that land in City Airport they are so much

> louder and the altitude is much lower.

xxxxxx

Probably because most people haven't got a clue what the planes are or where they are going or how high they are flying, they just know they have woken them up and/or are preventing them from sleeping!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mason Wrote:

> My gosh I wonder what you all would be like if you

> lived in Richmond where house prices far excel

> those of ED. Never hear any complaints from

> Brixton, Herne Hill, Clapham, Battersea, Barnes,

> and finally Hounslow.

xxxxxx

Why would you hear complaints from those places?

This is the East Dulwich Forum, for comments about this area - if those other places have forums, no doubt it's a topic for discussion on there as well!

• 3 weeks later...

The aircraft noise is insane every 2 mins another droning screeching jet passes over head.

Driving me potty from 4.30 am..

I've pretty much had enough been here 40 year and never had this.

I remember lying in bed thinking how lovely and quite it is.

Not now drone drone drone drone drone drone drone drone drone drone from 4.30 am to 11.30 pm every day except when the wind is from the west.

INSANE !

• 2 weeks later...

So, it looks like Heathrow or Gatwick; surprise, surprise!

For me, the elephant in the room is this: 24 HOUR FLIGHTS OVER LONDON!

But, there's always a silver lining and by the time Heathrow's expanded, I'll be either dead or deaf!

(p.s. I'm not a Boris fan but, for once, he's talking sense).

• 2 months later...

This thread has gone dormant but the debate continues on "aircraft noise, have your say".

Just posting details of a meeting tomorrow:

PLANE TROUBLES/NOTES FROM THE MEETING ON 13TH MARCH 14/@ THE ASHBURNHAM ARMS

There was a really excellent turnout for the plane noise meeting on the 13th at the Ash. Input from long - term local campaigners and from from HACAN, Greenwich Society , Blackheath Society and Brockley Noise really helped in gathering local information and planning.

They confirmed local perceptions that there is indeed -

? An increase in plane traffic and disturbance over the area that has continued since the end of the Heathrow night trials in March 2013

? Greenwich is probably suffering a combined effect of noise from City and Heathrow as well as helicopter noise

With potential plans for increased traffic at Heathrow and City, this is likely to get worse - it seems this may indeed be the ideal time to start campaigning

Possible Actions

For those already concerned or those wanting to observe the situation - the HACAN website is an excellent start. www.hacan.org.uk. It also offers:

- Loads of info and reports

- a link to the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) for anyone wanting to lodge a complaint about excess numbers of flights/timing of flights/ noise level.

- The chance to sign up to the ?5 minute action ? campaign ? where you get a weekly email only with an action London wide that guarantees to take only 5 minutes

- Also, letters to the MP/councillors/local paper about your experience are always useful. Please send copies to the email below so we can start to collate a file

Local meetings are now planned to track the situation and consider campaigning. The next meeting is provisionally planned for the 29th April or 6th May @ The Ashburnham Arms (TBC).

Initially this informal local group will:

- Explore how to get co-ordinated information about flight paths from both Heathrow, City and the helicopter flights to see the true joint picture

- Aim for a joint meeting with Heathrow and City airport to discuss the cross over and related matters , perhaps linked through the London Assembly who already have plane noise on their agenda

- Link up with other action groups across SE London to co-ordinate activity and effectiveness

- Start local info gathering will be the first step so please watch this space

Lastly, ?Brockley Noise? have organised a meeting with Heathrow for next Tuesday 18th March

If you?d like to know more about why the traffic has increased since Dec 2012 this is a great source.

Venue : Howell Hall, upstairs at St. John's Church, Brockley, London SE8 4EA. (The Church next to St. Johns mainline train station). You can also follow them on Twitter. See you there.