Joggers, not keeping a asfe distance

firth

So why Alice are you going out and facing the idiots and putting yourself and others at risk. Redjam I do feel strongly about this. I have watched from my window literally thousands of instances of people unecessarily encroaching the 2meters and people will unecessarily die as a result. My view is that its been less than 2 weeks and people really could have exercised indoors or in their gardens if they have one. If you feel you must jog then go to a park not the busy pavements. i understand that not all joggers are to blame and not all areas are so busy, but Lordship lane for example is too busy to run along the pavements and be socially responsible.

OK. Dulwich park an hour ago. Very busy as sunny and post-breakfast.

Plenty walkers joggers families. No problem.

Everyone being fairly responsible with the distance thing.

Missus pulls me out of a runners way. This guy is obviously an experienced and fast runner.

Red and Black horizontally striped running vest, black shorts,, dark brown hair, @6ft.

He ain't moving for anybody, he's in train and you're in his way, end of.

No surprises, we've already ascertained above that there's a small % of assholes (whether walker or runner).

OK...

A few minutes later, we're sat on our coats on grass near edge of park.

We see stripey approaching on his next lap, fast, he's seemingly determined to maintain his 'right' to run at chosen speed wherever he wants, breezing past walkers and joggers centimetres distance.

Suddenly a Dad on a bicycle, with a toddler in seat on back, catches up with the runner and remonstrates politely about the fast runner having just brushed past him, asking why he is not keeping a responsible distance.

Runner seems to try and ignore him (or hard of hearing ?).

Then runner says "Feck Off" as he continues.

Dad, keeping up on his bicycle, presses the query saying the guy should be more responsible.

Runner pissed off screams, "I'm in a race!".

Well there we have it, hot heels is in a fecking 'race'

So feck the rest of you and feck the health guidelines.

This morning in peckham rye park I witnessed a woman encouraging her dog to attack runners. As I was approaching her she was arguing with a runner I guess who maybe passed too close to her. I passed about 4 metres away on the grass and heard her say "get him" to the dog. Thankfully dog not as nasty as her. She was white middle aged and dog was a light coloured lurcher. Unfortunately its more likely the dog will suffer from her stupidity.

I can't wait for tomorrow. The police will be out in every park because they expect idiots to be out in force. Police to jogger: "why are you out running around the park?" Jogger "because I can and because I have no respect or concern for anyone but myself". P

SOURCE - BBC

Labour, the UK's main opposition party, will back the government's possible plans to ban outdoor exercise if it was "necessary" to reduce the number of deaths from coronavirus.

Sir Keir Starmer, who was elected Labour leader on Saturday, told the BBC's Andrew Marr: "Every time people break the guidance from the government, they put other people at risk."

His comments come after Health Secretary Matt Hancock said if people continue to "flout the rules" then the government will ban exercise outside of the home.

Sir Keir said the focus has to be ?what is necessary to reduce the number of deaths?.

Hypocrisy abounds on this subject. Easy to blame joggers but I see plenty of non-runners ambling, congregating, chatting, chasing after dogs, teaching kids to ride bikes, sunbathing etc.

If the lockdown is to be sustainable it has to be flexible. A hard lockdown would lead to unrest within a month. There has to a balance between slowing the virus and imposing a medium-term lockdown that people can live with.

Laying it all on runners is pure projection.

You are right Healy that there are selfish types walking, running, cycling ambling etc. They ruin it for everyone. The considerate walker or runner can go about their business and maintain their distance. the problem with the inconsiderate jogger is they make it harder for the considerate walkers to maintain their distance. The inconsiderate amblers are easier however to avoid so whilst still a problem, they are 'less bad'.

"A hard lockdown would lead to unrest within a month."

By then most cases will have been identified and ended (one way or the there).

"Laying it all on runners is pure projection."

I haven't seen anywhere that all runners have been blamed, nor walkers excluded from blame.

In face most similar threads go to lengths to underline that there is a % of all types of space user ignoring distancing guidelines.

Here's an idea. Runners run on even hours - eg 10am to 11am, 2pm to 3pm etc. You are only allowed to take an hour's exercise a day, so they odd hours , eg 9am to 10am, will be free for walkers and other users. Or vice versa. This would stop people like me feeling scared everytime a runner comes puffing their water/saliva droplets all over me. We already know that the 2m distance may be too close, especially when people are breathing hard.

Soylent Green, walkers are out for essentials, are keyworkers & helping others. Joggers are only out for themselves. It is not an essential activity. Do you know what time NHS are in & out of work? Of course you don't, so advice like "x time is free for walkers" simply doesn't work, nor should keyworkers have to work their lives around selfish people.

I just had a jogger phlegm up outside my house. My neighbor down the road has CCTV- I'll post the offenders picture if I can get it. Disgusting pig! Clearly running (and cycling) shuts off the blood supply to moral organs of the brain. The only answer is to just ban them. UK Gov is leaning in that direction because so many people cant behave sensibly.

For the groups hogging the entire pavement a taser is the only answer. Someone said to me that you cant expect children to understand. I don't, I expect parents to be parents and stop using their kids (and dogs) as an excuse.

Came across a new thing yesterday- bunch of young kids (9years ish) in the road on skateboards in the backstreets near North X Rd. as people were walking past so no going in the road to pass anyone in that area. There was another bunch of youngsters in Heber road as well, in the road on bikes just milling about. We have been trying keep to our own neighbourhood backstreets as it WAS quieter....

ED Bird Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Soylent Green, walkers are out for essentials, are

> keyworkers & helping others. Joggers are only out

> for themselves. It is not an essential activity.

> Do you know what time NHS are in & out of work? Of

> course you don't, so advice like "x time is free

> for walkers" simply doesn't work, nor should

> keyworkers have to work their lives around selfish

> people.

I just despair. We are hearing nurses and doctors on the frontline crying and literally begging people to stay in as much as they possibly can. The more we ignore this advice and do our own thing, the greater the burden we are heaping on those tasked with daily risking their lives to care for us.

We are not clear about transmission risks and exact mode of transmission. A proportion of the population who are healthy, young and fit are at risk of serious illness and even if they survive they will likely suffer permanent lung damage. The problem is we cannot single them out, so we have to assume we are all equally at risk.

Soylent Green Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Paris has banned jogging/running from 10 am to 7

> pm. Could this be the way to go?

Seems like a reasonable compromise. Most people should be able to get their shopping done outside of those hours. Yes there will be keyworkers travelling after 7pm but honestly, it's very very quiet out there in the evenings and it's easy to give each other space.