Re: LaLa Land ED Film Club: A social meetup for locals: Sat 14th Jan 2017

Thanks to everyone who came along yesterday - so lovely to meet so many local people! I know it can be a bit weird turning up for the first time, so thanks for making the effort!

Hope you didn't have nightmares after that film!

I'll post the next date soon!

Luisa

Thanks again for organising this meet up Louisa! It was a great night and lovely company. Really nice meeting local people and having a good chat. I really enjoyed the movie as well. Will definitely watch the other films in the series if/when they make them.

See You All soon.

Chrissy

Hi Luisa

Thanks for organising. I didn't catch the name of the guy that handed out the Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival flyer (?), but was a great idea. I thought I'd try and see the second half of Nebraska (without falling drifting off this time).

It looks like Bambini is a small cafe/bar with Craft beers and cheeses, so not a Peckham Plex... Address is 143 Evelina Rd, SEI5 3HB, just 10 min walk from the Rye Pub:

Nebraska was nominated for 6 Oscars, described as "An aging, booze-addled father makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million-dollar Mega Sweepstakes Marketing prize" imdb

link is:

http://www.freefilmfestivals.org/whats-on/free-films-in-peckham.html

Thanks

Chad/Brad/Chad... either or...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

Next film club will be Sat 25th Oct.

We are a friendly bunch of locals who meet at the Rye Pub and go to the Plex for a film and then back to the pub for drinks.

Fun, sociable evening out with familiar faces and always newbies!

I will post exact times nearer the date when the peckham plex publish their listings, but in the meantime, save the date!!

Any questions please PM me.

Louisa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

The film with the best reviews on Saturday appears to be Fury, starring Brad Pitt.

I'll put some blurb about it below. The film begins at 20:45 - up to you if you buy your ticket in advance.

Let's meet in the Rye Pub from 19:15, leaving at 20:15 for the cinema. I'll have my film clacker board with me and also post where we are sitting on here.

Hope to see you there! Luisa

April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany

Hi Louisa,

Sorry but my hubby and I won't be able to make it tonight. We had hoped to get much of our unpacking done today but it is taking us longer than we expected to unpack, find places for everything and organize so we have some room to move around our small flat. I hope we will be able to join you and the filmclub members at the next film event. Have fun tonight!

Michele