Seen Anyone Famous In East Dulwich?

fish

Haven't seen anyone famous in East Dulwich for a year or five, but the very first time I went in Sainsburys at Dog Kennel Hill I saw the bloke who played 'Bullet' Baxter in Grange Hill (Michael Cronin), and I saw Steve Frost there a couple of times.

Oh, I saw a woman who was a regular in Brookside in the late '80s on East Dulwich Grove, about 8 years ago. She was also in an episode of Red Dwarf.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, La Toksvig was with a rather attractive young

> lady last time I saw her. Perhaps she is her

> girlfriend.

Or someone else's! >:D<

Seen Terry Jones (from monty python) at a cashpoint, seen Miranda Richardson crossing the road and only last week saw Brian, the Irish guy who won BB a few years back, walk past the magdala!

Miranda Richardson! now that's a new one. I'm pretty sure we haven't had her on here before. Here's another one who I sometimes bump into (not literally of course) because I think she lives around the corner from me. Waiting for a bus on Lordship Lane - Helen Lederer. Not hugely well known I know but...there you go.

yes, well admittedly Miranda was a few years back now and she did have the slightly distracted look of someone just 'passing through'.

ooh, and the chap that plays Catherine Tate's grandson to her gran character. Seen him twice. Don't know his name but could be one to watch. Bit like James Nesbitt. When he was first spotted around here, he was only a bloke in a chocolate advert.

>>yes, well admittedly Miranda was a few years back now and she did have the slightly distracted look of someone just 'passing through'<<<

Miranda Richardson did live in Forest Hill in the middle/late 80s...."a few years back" you say? :)) Could have been visitng old friends of course...

I have seen a few people from the bill, one at the garden shop nearSainsbury's and one at the playground in telegraph hill. Can't remember their names or their characters though.

Oh, and I came home one day from work and Jo Brand was having coffee in my house.

• 2 weeks later...

Aha, I've got a good one here!

Bloke off ITV Play - you know, that late night thing when you come home drunk, switch on the TV and there's some bloke with spiky hair gurning at you saying "Can you guess what the word is? Do you fancy a grand? Come on, pick up the phone. Imagine what you'd do with the money. If you don't pick up the phone you can't win. But if you do, you could win. So what are you gonna do..." etc etc. ad nauseam.

I think he looked a bit pleased when I clocked him. Perhaps he doean't get recognised that much?

Stuart Staples from Nottingham band The Tindersticks must live around here because I've seen him twice in the last year - once on a weekday afternoon in a bar in Forest Hill (not on his own, with some "Scene" type people)

For those going "Tinder-who?" they are most likely known as the band that Tony Soprano comes out of his daze to near the end of Series 1 (track called "Tiny Tears". They make up an ocean you know)

Capt.B said - "BBC News reporter John Pienar (sp?) was at the Fair on Sunday"

He was in the Soft Play area at Peckham Pulse with his daughter(?) a while back. My lil' boy (about 18mths) went over to him, pointed and started saying Bear, Bear. Pienar found it pretty amusing.

Also saw Adrian Lester in Blue Mountain with his little girl (?) not that long ago.

citizen

I haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this one's been mentioned already - Last year Kelly Brook and Billy Zane having coffee at the deli in the village. Deli had never been so busy!

I was sitting in the Dog one afternoon when the Queen and her hubby drove through the village, fairly low key only two outriders with them. They were however in the tall windowed fish tank style car so we got a good look.

Apparently Erin O'Conner lives in ED and has been spotted in Sainsbury's.