New restaurant

Hazleharman

We are starting off small but have massive plans to grow as a restaurant within itself...

The Mustard Seed?

We will have exciting wines to either drink in house or take home...

Vin extra-ordinaire?

The menus will be small(at least at first), but will change regularly...

Le petit Bistro?

There won't be an ethnic background in the food...

Cuisine du Monde?

Your description seems quite vague to be honest - what's your mission? what feelings or characteristics do you want people to associate with your restaurant? What's your style? What words will people use to describe your place? What values do you stand for? What other restaurants/businesses/brands do you want to be similar to?

It seems to me like you maybe need to put some time and effort into developing an overall brand for the restaurant, and then a name will follow naturally - or at least having a more developed brand ethos will enable you to put together a better brief which will mean you'll get better name suggestions from this forum. I'm sure there's lots of info online about how to develop a brand.

Not being able to think of a name does suggest a certain lack of imagination.

Let's hope all the available imagination is being saved-up for the food.

Nothing wrong with drumming-up a bit of pre-opening publicity in this manner, but I wouldn't milk it for too long, lest the milk starts to sour.

Apologies to the OP for coming off as hugely patronising; that was not my intention. But I stand by the fact that the description given is very vague and really doesn't give any direction as to the style or branding of this restaurant.

All it says is that the business is starting small and hoping to grow, there will be good food and wine with regularly changing menus, there will be no particular ethnic focus but the food will be made from high quality, well sourced ingredients. All of that sounds brilliant but it's a description that would fit a lot of restaurants and doesn't define anything about the restaurant's character or styling.

It can be difficult to look at your own project objectively, and given that the OP is asking for names on the local forum it's fair to guess that they might not have developed a branding strategy yet. Frankly, my post was a lot more constructive than the others in this thread suggesting names like 'Fellatios' and 'Perineum'.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Hello all, My name is Nia and I am a private chef. I successfully completed my initial training at Le Corden Bleu London, to secure a position at Pied a Terre restaurant, Fitzrovia, followed by 3 Michelin Star restaurant Core by Clare Smyth. I have since been working as a full time private chef for a family in Hampstead, and am on to the next venture! I am now starting my own meal preparation service, whereby I source high quality ingredients to prepare meals from your home, leaving a clean kitchen and delicious meals ready to reheat for the coming days. This is a great alternative for those who want delicious, fresh, nutritious meals throughout the week, without the hassle of shopping, chopping, preparing and cooking daily!  If this is something of interest, please send me a message to arrange a telephone consultation to discuss dietary requirements and food preferences and a quote. Best,  Nia  07908549938 [email protected]   ‘My partner and I have had the pleasure of having Nia in our home where she has excelled herself as a private chef. The dishes she prepared were delightful and delicious.  She is polite, confident, discreet, composed and friendly. Her work is excellent and we have recommended her to friends.  Nia will always be our first choice as a private chef and we look forward to welcoming  her in our home many more times in the future’ -Jennifer Mills & John C Head III   Nia has been in my service for over a year, and it is with absolute pleasure that I recommend her professionalism and passion as a private chef. She is meticulous and methodical in her work, from planning and consultation around menus, nutrition and dietary requirements. Ensuring a well stocked pantry and kitchen. Fulfilling all of our catering requirements from daily meals, luncheons, buffets and intimate dinner parties.  The food Nia prepares is of an excellent standard, using organic, fresh and sustainably sourced produce. Most importantly, it is divine in both flavour and taste! -Elaine Clifton
    • Hiya, has anyone picked up a rug from a front garden on Heber road opposite the school around 9am last week. It was hanging on a rail it has a lot of sentimental value and wasn’t being discarded of. Would be very happy to see it come home. If anyone has any information please send a message it was a brownish colour.
    • Surely you'd have to have been living under a rock for the last four years not to know that Starmer's father was a toolmaker. It's so tired and reeks of desperation. If he had any dynamism or big ideas, he wouldn't have to fall back on it time and time again.  Having said that, I do completely understand that big ideas are nigh impossible when he's going to be inheriting problems that are, frankly, beyond any government's ability to fix. Or fix any time soon. 
    • You have my complete sympathy. In my case, I discovered you can't even go to an eye emergency clinic any more. You have to phone round opticians on a list who are part of a scheme. The only one in East Dulwich who was part of the scheme had a six week waiting list. That isn't very helpful when you are in danger of going blind. I was lucky that another East Dulwich optician told me to try one in Crofton Park, who was able to see me that day. They told me it was good that the ulcer had been caught early. Hollow laugh. It was three days and a long long saga  before I could get the eye drops. Ironically, I paid for a private prescription rather than the optician sending it to my GP to prescribe because I thought it would be quicker 😭 And then I couldn't get the effing drops anywhere anyway.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In