Peckham Rye Park Closed?

AK

mrsorganicsausage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There should be a piece in The Evening Standard's

> later edition on Peckham Rye being closed today.

> It's hilarious that they can close all the school

> in the area and the parks? All due to snow. Still

> they don't bother gritting the pavements and

> roads!! Someone somewhere has made the very

> important decision that today NOONE is allowed to

> have anyfun.....

who's NOONE?

DeborahC Wrote:

Just back from Peckham Rye Park

It's not closed due to H&S but apparently the

locks on all the gates had frozen...

Thanks, that did make me giggle ;-)

honk Wrote:

So boosboos is actually a liar posting what he

wants to believe?

this calls the integrity of several other threads

into doubt too. haha

Don't worry about me Honk, I'm not easily offended ;-)

When I asked them yesterday morning(after I had climbed thru the fence) they said the weather had frozen the locks. As it was sunny and all the snow was melting I asked whether the thaw had unfrozen the locks. I just got a strange look as if this was a very odd question...

I was told yesterday morning by a council worker in the park that he had been told not to open the park as it was too dangerous!! I then phoned the council to complain (I was however in the park at this point having squeezed through the railings) Still points needed to be made. Again I was told on the phone that it was a health and safety issue. All the parks in Camden were closed on Monday for this reason. Tretcherous those parks are....

I was told by a council worker in the park that he had been told not to open the park as it was too dangerous. At this point I WAS in the park having squeezed through the railings. I then phoned the council to complain and was again told it was for health and safety reasons that Peckham Rye was closed. All the parks in Camden were shut on Monday for this very reason. Hazzardous parks they are don't cha know......

You should think yourself lucky. When I was doing my A-levels I was getting blissfully stoned in Hornimans park with my mates and the park keeper reminded us that it was closing at 8p.m but we forgot and he sees us from a distance and tells us to fuck off after which he set his Rottweiler on us. We left.

mrsorganicsausage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was told yesterday morning by a council worker

> in the park that he had been told not to open the

> park as it was too dangerous!! I then phoned the

> council to complain (I was however in the park at

> this point having squeezed through the railings)

> Still points needed to be made. Again I was told

> on the phone that it was a health and safety

> issue. All the parks in Camden were closed on

> Monday for this reason. Tretcherous those parks

> are....

I hope you do actual important things with your time, like vote.

Actually, please don't vote. Ever.

I heard there was a piece in the Standard about the Rye being closed for Elf and Safety.

What makes me laugh is that the Rye (voluntary access) is closed for H and S but the roads and pavements (essential access) are neither closed nor made safe!

I was trying to remember where I'd seen similar indignant tutting before. Then I remembered:

[attached]

Apparently yesterday there was 'a mob' of outraged dads outside the Horniman Park DEMANDING to be let in. The same dads who would be hiring the very best lawyers to sue the museum out of existence lest their rat-faced offspring be injured whilst on the premises.

I can't believe that the police advised that Dulwich Park should be closed because of a snowball fight, the Borough Commander should be asked to apologise and reprimand the officer(s) responsible.

As for closing the parks because of H&S concerns, if we got up a petition to Southwark's CEO asking her to start treating us like grown-ups do you think she would pay attention?

Is Tessa reading this thread? If you are Tessa please could you make enquiries on our behalf?