Station Manager Corner

I Think that both East Dulwich and Peckham Rye need more ticket machines.

Why not put a couple on the platforms so that you can see when the train is coming while you wait to buy your ticket.

It is really annoying waiting to get a ticket and having to leg it to the platform but missing your train.

Another question: I rarely use trains either but I decided to buy a ticket from Peckham Rye - in advance - so that I would not have to worry about missing my train queuing, on the day I wanted to travel.

It was a week day time but the ticket office was shut, and the machines only sold tickets on the day of travel, and not in advance.

Any chance a) ticket machines could sell tickets for advance travel b) ticket offices could be open all day?

And thanks for being here. Good on you!

Hi Rose

Unfortunately our ticket machines do not have the facility to purchase advance tickets, however if you go on the Southern Website, you are able to do so and nominate your station where you would like to pick them up from, you then input the reference number and your tickets will be issued from the machine, this will save you queuing up

In relation to the other point raised, I am confused as to why the ticket office was closed, I can only assume (which I dont like doing) that the staff were either on a break or the computer had crashed. Peckham Rye is open early in the morning right through untill 2000hrs. I will ensure the staff place a notice in the window explaining why the window is shut in the future

Apologies for this and it will be actioned from Monday

Regards

Barry

Im surprised noones mentioned this but,

peak AM and PM trains.

Is it normal to be like a sardine one out of every 2 journeys - it is worse than the tube.

Not that i expect one but i get a seat about once every 3-4 weeks in the am. Surely this is wrong? (edited for clarity, this is the 0751, and the 0814 is worse. then pm 1838, 1848, from LBG)

BTW -good on you for all your responses, you have raised my opinion of Southern by 100 times today.thanks.

Will

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I Think that both East Dulwich and Peckham Rye

> need more ticket machines.

>

> Why not put a couple on the platforms so that you

> can see when the train is coming while you wait to

> buy your ticket.

>

> It is really annoying waiting to get a ticket and

> having to leg it to the platform but missing your

> train.

You missed my question Barry.

Dear Barry,

Is it possible to reinstate regular trains to East Croydon Please?.

Also I would like to add that the rat problem is not the problem of Southern (unless they do not have a valid ticket).

The problem is with Domino Pizza and the demolition of the Hospital. It caused the rat population to mobilise to an altogether better area.

Kind regards,

Libra Carr.

will dex Wrote:

> Is it normal to be like a sardine one out of every

> 2 journeys - it is worse than the tube.

I would just like to comment that nothing is worse than being underground on the tube in the height of summer when the temperature hits 40+ degrees and you can't move!!!!!

That said, the early morning trains are very crowded and if they could run every 10 minutes (as the late afternoon rush hour trains back to East Dulwich do) that might alleviate the problem?

Barry - many thanks for joining the forum. Any plans for changes to the morning schedules?

Kind regards,

James

hello Barry - this is a great initiative. Congrats on it. It will really help communications both ways.

Rail users of all our local stations (Peckham Rye, Queens Road, Nunhead, Denmark Hill as well as East Dulwich and North Dulwich) visit this web forum so it will help for all of those stations. They are all yours except for Nunhead. We will put a link to it on the SRUG (Southwark Rail Users Group) webpages to be found on - http://www.peckhamvision.org/brg/srug

Just to echo a couple of points - one, great to have this opportunity and actually get swift reseponses so it doesn't just feel like a cursory customer relations exercise. and 2, the ticket office has in my experience been closed at times it is supposed to be open several times. One time I went along to see my mum off and she was told by the person on duty that she'd just made it, as he closed at 1pm. It was 12.30 - he pulled the blinds down on the office just after he sold her her ticket.

Thanks for the efforts Barry

One other point about the East Dulwich ticket machine, is that a few times I've found the on duty ticket office manager helping another guy fixing the external ticket machine - which means it is impossible to buy a ticket. Not sure what can be done about this but no one wants to miss their train or pay ?10 fine at other end when they're running to a tight schedule.

Hi Leagle Eagle, Apologies for missing your posting. Unfortunately I can not place more ticket machines at Peckham and East Dulwich. I did state before when Pre Pay Oyster is introduced in September I honestly believe queues will reduce at all of the stations

Not what you want to hear, although I will gage ticket sales once this goes live and look into this point raised in the future

Regards

Barry