Arrogant cyclist in village this morning - for you

Louisa

Just to warn people of a very rude cyclist who seems to think it is perfectly acceptable to cut people up during rush hour traffic and not expect people to hoot him. I was driving through the village this morning minding my own business when a very inconsiderate person cut across the traffic in front of me causing me to swerve, I naturally pressed the hooter rather loudly because I was upset with him, and raised my hands in the air to indicate my disappointment at his cycling skills. When I came to some stationary traffic he banged on my window and started hurling abuse at me, using the F word and generally suggesting that I was indeed in the wrong for "raising two fingers at him", something which I certainly did not do. I was so shocked at his arrogance and contempt for me as a fellow road user I was for once gobsmacked. He actually believed he was in the right despite me pointing out his obvious failings. Anyway, if you are reading this mr cyclist man, I have your number for next time and do not expect me to be quite so polite if it happens again!

Louisa.

the hooter?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BTVZACD6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I think you're within your rights to run the blighter down next time, Loo. Although maybe a poster campaign first, to warn other automobile enthusiasts in the vicinity, would be more appropriate?

probably the same guy who sped through the red light at the crossing outside kings college hospital, i was crossing after a check up with others started crossing when the green man came up was halfway across when a cyclist ( in all the expensive gear) went straight through the lights at full speed screaming wait and holding his hand out to us to stop as though we were in the wrong for crossing some poor old dear who he just missed nearly popped her cloggs on the spot, i shouted out a few words and was replied with the finger. Before i was ill i cycled to work everyday, and will do so again when better, and i have always stopped at lights as i do not want to injure anyone else or myself and find the worst culprits i have to deal with are other cyclists (especially city types who think they are in the tour de france going over black friars bridge

It's the lack of accountability that winds me up the most.

If a plod sees a motorist go through a red light, straight away there is the number plate to identify. No such registration mark for cyclists.

If a motorist ploughs into the side of my car, we are both legally obliged to exchange insurance details. If a cyclist runs into and dents my car, he will most likely have no insurance and I'll end up paying for the repair myself.

Or

"Smithson" , "Yes my lady" , "would you take my shooting stick and stove that cunnus's head in", "right now your ladyship?" , "Yes fcuking right now" , "sorry your ladyship we can't follow him up a one way street" , "Oh yes we can" , "What about the children" , "Fornicate em!".

Let's not start the old cyclists are bastards/not bastards discussion again.

As we have said many times - some are, some aren't: some drivers are, some aren't: some people are, some aren't.

This is a big city, lots of people moving around it. If we post on here every time someone gets in the way or irritates us there'll be no time to enjoy life.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Doing it to express annoyance is not on.

You're right, that's not what it's for.

But what really annoys me is cab drivers using their horns to signal their arrival. 6am on Sunday morning... I was not impressed!

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Let's not start the old cyclists are bastards/not

> bastards discussion again.

>

> As we have said many times - some are, some

> aren't: some drivers are, some aren't: some people

> are, some aren't.

>

> This is a big city, lots of people moving around

> it. If we post on here every time someone gets in

> the way or irritates us there'll be no time to

> enjoy life.

What if your enjoyment of life comes from moaning about ar$eh0!e cyclists on internet forums (no Barty, don't, step AWAYYY from the keyboard!)

I used my hooter in shear anger and annoyance at the arrogance of this evil cyclist. I am not one to usually hold a grudge, but if this so and so crosses my path again I wont hesitate to open my mouth. Bloody sod! I personally think that all cyclists should be made more accountable for their actions on the road. They use it just as much as every other vehicle and yet pay nothing towards the up keep. Make them pay road tax and give them identity plates so we can make them more accountable for their actions. Godamnit'

Louisa.

Drivers beeping away on their horns at anyone who causes them annoyance is noise pollution. It?s unpleasant for everyone in earshot. Your car is fitted with a horn so you can warn others of danger; not so you can advertise your inability to control your temper.