former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

I voted Labour on three counts because I believe James / the Lib Dems focused on things that aren't important. I am hoping our fully red council will now work to reduce poverty and build enough housing.

Good luck to all the new Labour councilors.

Jim1234, James worked tirelessly on things which mattered locally. If you really believe Labour will reduce poverty and build enough housing, I?d love to know where you get your information from. After all Southwark is a Labour led council and see no signs of this wonderful world you dream of.

Jim1234 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I voted Labour on three counts because I believe

> James / the Lib Dems focused on things that aren't

> important. I am hoping our fully red council will

> now work to reduce poverty and build enough

> housing.

>

> Good luck to all the new Labour councilors.

Well you can hope as much as you like but it will get you nowhere- I've been to a few council meetings over the years and Labour are the worst kind of politicians- they have not got an altruistic bone between them- they are ONLY after votes and furthering their own careers...and as for doing anything for the WORKING classes- dream on

Uncleglen, sure you're right to be honest, but they're at least meant to be the party of the working classes.

Singlato, for all their faults (there are many), Southwark Council are the only one building new council housing in London.

I would have voted for someone further left if I could have...

I thought the Women's Equality Party did a formidable job this year. I can't remember seeing a "fringe" party making such an impact in recent years and their share of the vote is a testament to that.

However, I suspect that WEP's success has taken a share of James's vote and it's sad to see someone else who has put so much into the campaign and contributed to the neighbourhood has lost his seat as a result.

Of all the canvassers I spoke to, I found Labour to be deeply unpleasant. I felt they talked down to me and had no interest in listening to my concerns. No doubt they will all be toasting themselves with champagne, congratulating themselves on how many fish they managed to shoot in Southwark's barrel.

I'm also gutted by this, I'm so sorry James, I've always voted for you whilst not supporting lib dems nationally. It's a sad day for East Dulwich. Thank you for all your work in giving this ward a voice.

Very sad to hear this. You have always been very supportive be it from helping me to get a bike anchor to sorting out the Japanese knotweed creeping onto my neighbours property. Always friendly, always making time for a chat.

Best wishes for the future James

Thanks for everything James. It?s not often someone in politics goes above and beyond for the community they serve. You did both. You?ll be sorely missed. Good luck to the incumbents, the high water mark you need to match has been set.

Louisa.

Just adding my thanks, and also consternation at the seeming injustice that someone who works so hard, and has so much local support, can fail to retain his post. I think we were actually always just on the other side of the boundary of James' remit, but we've benefited from more than one of his initiatives, including one that is now a fundamental part of our family's life, for which we are particularly grateful.

James, I hope this cloud has a bright and shiny silver lining and that your career goes from strength to strength.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As long as idiots have a vote, things like this

> will happen. Thanks James & good luck.

Erm .....

I'm guessing not everybody in East Dulwich knows of James, particularly if they don't read this forum.

And the boundary changes won't have helped.

So they probably voted solely on party lines.

That doesn't make them idiots.