Weather issues in East Dulwich - Schools, Transport...

Mark

"To the woman at the bus stop outside Nero's this morning, who rather unhelpfully started with the scare mongering stories about not being able to get home this evening - Just be quiet and go about your own business!"

:))

It could be true. I fear it's going to be yet another nightmare journey getting home for huge numbers of people.

Morning

What can I say....... Southern experiencing severe delays on all routes, on top of this there are points problems at London Bridge causing major disruption in and out of station. Southern are trying to run a service however staff (drivers/platform staff) are delayed getting in. Most trains are running between 30/60 minutes behind schedules

I am asking for patience and again understand your frustrations so please bear with us, in addition staff will clear platforms and walkways once the snow has stopped. The information I have that it will continue to snow untill about 12/1300hrs.

The live departure information is on the southern website

We will do our dam hardest to get you home and have your stations cleared

UPDATE

London Bridge Underground is open

All southern tickets can be used on buses, trams, underground (if you can get one of course)

Barry Jones

Station Manager

Streatham Hill Area/London Bridge

snowylady, where were you travelling from and to? I waited an hour for a train from ED to LB this morning and am trying to decide what time I need to leave office to pick kids up. Just checked live departure/arrivals boards for LB and ED - arrivals at ED all say "on time" and departures from LB just say "starts here" - just wondering whether this info can be trusted?

HeidiHi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How do I get to Peckham? I have an appointment

> there at 3pm and I cannot be gone too long

> (walking) as I am leaving my son with my mum and

> he won't take bottles. GRRRRR why do the buses

> always do this?!

You have probably already left but 197 and 12 buses running ok down Barry Road at 1 o'clock.

Heber School closing at 2.30pm. Nothing on Goodrich website so presumably they are doing normal hours.

According to BBC website, local weather forecast is for drizzle rather than snow, and temperatures not dipping below zero, so not expecting the nightmares of last week to be repeated.