Weekend nightime demographics/behaviour in ED (Lounged)

SeanMacGabhann

The posh one are a pain in the arse - I can cope with chavs , stinking of skunk and bumbling about the place, but the utter arrogance of the posh kids does ones cake in.

end of term last year, there were about 5 of them at 11PM in the 7-11, sneering at the harrassed assistant and filling their pockets with choc bars when he wasnt looking, then going outside and giving them to their mates

I was tempted to call the filth and teach these posh scummers a lesson - a conviction for theft may predujice their likely glittering career in the city/ at the bar etc etc - but I thought that was a bit vindictive of me, so I informed the shop owner istead, who just asked them to get out

they stood outside laughed at him

ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I will ensure the next time I see them doing this, they get taken off by the pigs and done

all this talk of chavs and posh kids assumes we live in a predictable world, them over there and them over there but things ain't like that.

a new cultural hybrid is out there, boring stoned posh chavs are the new ED demographic. they can be anyone, poor kids who feel like the new aristos, posh coz they posses some trappings of wealth and a willingness dominate by violence. then there's posh kids who dress like all shabby and are willing to rob from anywhere.

hmmm. not sure the later exists. anyone?

ap

"A good friend of mine who works with the Police Services once told me far from being homophobic, the services adore the gay and lesbian community. That's because they tend to 'party' inside, take drugs/drink that make them loved up instead of anti-social, and don't look for trouble. He added the new GBH phenomenon requiring ambulances is changing that, to be fair."

"It makes one wonder what the situation is in Vauxhall of a weekend evening. It has certainly 'come up' (no pun intended). Is there a similar clash to LL and Blackheath?"

Translation:

I don't know any gays or lesbians, but some random guy who allegedly works for the police told that they don't get any trouble with the gays and lesbians, even though they all go out clubbing every week to party inside, drunk, take drugs and get loved up. He said that this is changing though, because they're all now taking GBH, getting ill and being hauled away in ambulances. They're all taking it in Vauxhall on weekends, where they've livened up (nervous giggle), and gentrified a previously blighted area with all their pink pounds and flamboyant pubs and clubs, etc.

The locals don't like them.

'flamboyant pubs'?!

I expect 'the locals' said (and still say) pretty much the same things about Brick Lane, Golders Green.. but they're also the bits that go into making a big city what it is.

Just for clarification (for the kids) the drug(s) you speak of are GHB (not GBH) and GBL.

Hey Bob. Less time comparing sizes with AlanD in the showers and you might have seen I made that point about 5,4535634,3543 posts ago.

Not that it matters in the slightest.

Frisco - I've read your post a couple of times and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.