new year's eve in East Dulwich

nicky

As a child it was a pain - it was too close too Christmas. I used to get annoyed with people giving me one big present for Christmas and Birthday together, I didnt have anything to open on my Birthday, which for a child is a big thing; I think it is better to give two smaller presents in such circumstances.

Nowadays, its great. I have no desperate wish to have extravagant celebrations and there is always a party on somewhere.

I dont think I have ever experienced new year's eve in ED as such. I do quite like the foreign city experience.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is already making plans for NYE, I normally leave it to the last minute, but always land up doing something great.

Although this year i'm working NYE night, so i'll not be drinking and having fun, but I'll be thinking of you at the CPT, The EDT, The Sun and Doves or anywhere else you may find yourself, whether you are wearing black tie, fancy dress or not a lot. Here's hoping it's your best NY ever.

I won't be envying your hangovers Jan 1st!!!

How about the forumites with kids, what shall we do?

We are going to be in London for the ifrst time in years.

The forumite with the biggest house could host the party, all the kids shoved in a room with food and games and the adults can then get busy with the disco dancin' etc.

who's going to volunteer?

The Sun and Doves is doing something like this:

8pm to 3am

DJ's, widescreen art film projection and funky lights

Goody Bag each for the 50 people who arrive before 9pm (includes limited edition commemorative signed screen print by Tony Lee, worth ?85).

Complimentary glass of bubbly for everyone at midnight.

Hog roast in the garden.

Two heated covered areas with armchairs, sofas & blankets, ideal for smoking / getting fresh evening air

The friendliest down to earth good fun ambience in south London.

Prize for the best dressed couple

Free entry.

What do you think?

Spoke to nice guy at The Rye today and apparently tickets are now on sale.

Details I was given are:

- Tickets ?30

- Black Tie

- 9pm til v. late

- Champagne on arrival and at midnight.

- Canapes (nice ones)

- DJ playing eclectic tunes / dancefloor

- Fireworks in the garden

- Tickets limited to 150 people