new year's eve in East Dulwich

nicky

Brendan I'll find out. Don't imagine they'll be doing too much, other than drinking through the night. I shall be in there, as I fear it'll be the last New Year in the CPT in it's current form, and definitely the last one with the current staff line up. :(

The Hippy Mother Club at the Dulwich Hamlet Football club will be having a Fancy Dress New Years Eve Party with Live:

? Karaoke (over 13,000 songs to choose from)

? 2 bands (Funk/pop/Rock)

? 5 dj's (everything from the 70s 80s, 90s, R&B, Pop, Motown, etc...........).

Doors will open at 7pm and show will finish at 4 am

Light snacks will be available throughout the night!

The bar has recently been refurbished with a tasteful d?cor, stylish comfy leather sofa seating and probably the best live and dj sound system in Dulwich.

Entrance will be ?10 on the door and ?7 in advance. To reserve a place please email your details at: [email protected] or contact Davide on 07895509340

OVER 18s only !!!

• 1 year later...

the gowlett last year was really odd i thought - really different crowd to the normal crowd. really young - lots of young men - really really loud house music. not one to be scared of house music as go to ibiza most summers, but it was really bad music, inappropriately loud and just honestly rubbish. would not recommend it at all! unless of course you like that kind of thing. could have been a totally different pub to the gowlett. the rye sounds lovely - have heard good things about that from a lot of people - they have fireworks etc. again the EDT go to lots of effort i believe with the theme etc which makes for a good atmosphere.

check out what black cherry are doing. lovely bar and owners and they've just extended so it's double if not triple the siz now!

also my mate got horribly beaten up outside the vale pub last year..............walking back from the gowlett. he just got started on by some horrible people who had been to the vale and were waiting outside. so perhaps avoid making eye contact with people outside the vale if you're out in ED!

Hoopers are holding a NEW YEARS EVE PARTY 9pm-2am

with DJ AlexRay

We will be having a ticketed party including Buffet.

Why have the trek up to town or have to face clearing up at home next day when

you have a great time here at Hoopers!

please contact us for details!

020 7733 4797

www.hoopersbar.co.uk

28 Ivanhoe Rd., (near Sainsbury's & Dog Kennel Hill)

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My favourite NYE 'locally' used to be Mambo in the

> Loughboro Hotel, Loughboro Junction...any older

> forumites remember?

You're older than I thought Quids. Not on a NYE but plenty of other times back in the day. Good times.

Jah, I loved that place....big queues for somewhere that was (especially then) located in a fairy hairy area! we always used to play pool in the pub until the queues subsided. Great mixture of music in the different floors and i can't honestly remember seeing any trouble....and then a walk down coldharbour lane (there were always a few of us!) and home to SE5...good times indeed

East Dulwich Angst Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know if you need tickets to get into

> the Plough tonight?

you did last year for the pathetic attempt at hogmanay.

not read the whole thread so apolgoies if it is already on here... but is the clockhouse tickets tonight?