The Green - Goose Green - Closed Down.

LibraCarr

Another ponce hole thats gone - lol, I find it all very amsuing we are talking about places I told you were crap months and months ago! Yes Le Moulin needs a lick of paint, but guess what, it still remains open after all these years with a strong customer base and thats because the quality and value remain. All these poncey places aimed at wannabe yuppies end up down to earth within a few years. So predictable.

Louisa.

Sad to hear it has closed down but we ate there once and it was a terrible meal and cost a fortune. Good bar area though.

Looking forward to a nice Italian restaurant if the rumours are to be believed. And incidentally, has anyone been to Lorenzos near Peckham Rye and how does it compare to the fabulous Crystal Palace branch?

Sad to see any cafe/restaurant close down. At least the Green was a place to grab a coffee if I was up by the Goose Green swings. Still, never much liked the place. It was confused about it's identity - was it a bar, a restaurant or a cafe. Seemed to get caught between stools.

I only went once, the service was not very good, they bought us a different bottle of wine than the one we ordered and it had no atmosphere.

It feels like a convenience store that's had all its shelves ripped out and a few sofas plonked here and there.

I will not miss it. If they are inept enough not to be able to sort their problems, I don't have much sympathy. Well maybe a little bit. A bit of imagination and solid customer care wouldn't go a miss. It's not as though they haven't been doing it for a while.

Hannah's was also terrible. What was that ingredient in the pasta I had, bovril, gravy granules, hp sauce? Not sure, but it tasted foul.