Magdala changing ownership

kels

I heard last night from someone who had spoken to the lady who owns Grace and Favour that:-

1. Yes, they have bought it;

2. The pizzas are 99% certain to remain;

3. It is going to remain a proper pub; not gastro like The Palmerston but less spit and sawdust than the Mag's last incarnation.

Hurray for point 3!!

Mojave1979 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There were two people outside the pub when I

> walked past last night, and they were painting the

> outside jet black.

After a closer, daylight inspection, I stand by my description of "truffle". Albeit dark truffle...

;-)

Jammers - I think Sonners was referring to the incarnation before the last one (!!) when it was well dodgy. Only went in once when I accidentally locked myself out of the house. Had a very "interesting" night with two lesbian racists (one worked for the Immigration Service) before Mrs Banksy came to the rescue. Unfortunately before we made our escape she had a glass of wine from a bottle that had been opened (at least) the year before. She still shudders.

• 4 weeks later...

It really irritates me when people CHOOSE to live right next door to a pub thats been there for ages and then complain about the noise!!!! Didn't you see the BIG MAHOOSIVE pub there when you moved in!!!!????? ENDLESS!!!!

The Mag was a fantastic pub, and their quiz night on a sunday was the best in ED!!!! I really hope the bring it back when they re-open!!!

A plea to the new owner of the Mag - it was the only decent place to watch football other than the EDT in E Dulwich - please please please save the big screen and dont alienate us footie fans - whose missus' wont let us install sky sports channel

Will I be able to buy smelly soap and Osterich feathers at the bar too ?

How about a juke box and Youngs beer.......:)-D:)-D

I don't know how ironic Rabbler was being but a working class chain pub in E Dul would at least increase the choice available. Which in my opinion would be a good thing.

I liked the Mag. I have a horrible feeling the New Mag is going to be a ponceteria

Rabbler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When, oh when will East dulwich finally get a

> working class chain pub with decent prices &

> affordable food?

> I don't suppose anyone from Wetherspoons reads

> this do they?

xxxxxx

There's a Wetherspoons just down the road in Forest Hill .....

And isn't there one in Peckham?

There are Wetherspoons and there are Wetherspoons. The thought of a 'Kentish Drovers' in ED doesn't fill me with much pleasure, but both 'The Imperial' and 'The George' in Exeter are extremely nice pubs and I would be happy to see something similar to them in ED.