New pasta / pizza joint in Melbourne Grove

Just walked past and they're inviting people in to sample the food - had some yummy foccacia bread pizza. Their opening night is tomorrow. They all seemed lovely in there and their prices are pretty fantastic for east dulwich - ?4-6 for a plate of pasta or a pizza. I can see myself popping in there regularly when I fancy a quick bite to eat out, just hope it can survive off the beaten track unlike Springers.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> just hope it can survive off the beaten track

> unlike Springers.

>

> Springers not only survived, but thrived. They

> only closed down due to retirement.

So why did they have to auction the property instead of selling the business?

Every business needs an edge and without one a restaurant that people have to go out of their way to get to (ie walk away from the bars in Lordship Lane) is not going to survive.

We live 3 minutes away eat out at least twice a week and supported Springers for 10 years but it was always "We haven't been to Springers for a while let's go there" not "why don't we go to Springers because it's got a good atmosphere/serve really good food"

Loz Wrote:

> just hope it can survive off the beaten track

> unlike Springers.

>

> Springers not only survived, but thrived. They

> only closed down due to retirement.

So why did they have to auction the property instead of selling the business?

Every business needs an edge and without one a restaurant that people have to go out of their way to get to (ie walk away from the bars in Lordship Lane) is not going to survive.

We live 3 minutes away eat out at least twice a week and supported Springers for 10 years but it was always "We haven't been to Springers for a while let's go there" not "why don't we go to Springers because it's got a good atmosphere/serve really good food"

lillyanginger Wrote:

> Mr lillyanginger and I tried the new pizza place

> for a very quick lunch today - it was very good.

> Pizza thin and lovely, the pasta dish tasty. Good

> espresso, cake and water on the house...we will go

> again. Good luck to them.

What were the prices like?

I popped in yesterday to pick up a takeaway menu but he didn't have any yet - he's getting them today.

The menu looks good and pizzas seem to be all ?4-?7. Really lovely guy running the place. I asked about an unusual dessert I saw under the counter and he insisted I just try it but he wouldn't take any money from me. And it was fantastic.

Looking forward to trying his pizzas....

S