Brilliant local personal trainer - David Wilson

Valerie Rowe

I would also like to recommend David as a personal trainer. I?m in my late 40s and I started training with David last September. David has really helped me to build up my strength and flexibility at exactly the right pace for me. He gradually steps up the exercises and frequently introduces new ones to keep things interesting. He has also advised me on the importance of stretching and nutrition. The stretching in particular has been really important and I wish I?d started with that years ago. He?s an all-round positive and friendly person and so if you?re looking for a trainer to help you build strength and gain fitness, then David is a great person to work with.

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend David as a personal trainer. I've been training with him for the past few months in Peckham Rye park (really convenient for me)and i've already seen great results. He is also very inspirational when it comes to training and nutrition. I have lost weight, I have a lot more upper body strength and can do a lot more push ups- his focus on technique really helps.

He makes the sessions fun and varied and knows how and when to push you, as well as giving positive feedback and tips on a healthy lifestyle. He's also a very friendly warm person and great to chat to.

• 1 month later...

David has been an excellent personal trainer for me, helping me to regain my confidence in exercising with a long-term knee injury and designing a bespoke programme of low impact exercise I can do in between our sessions. Combined with this he is knowledgeable in diet and nutrition advice to help you get healthier and fitter a bit quicker.

I've found our sessions really enjoyable and have noticed a boost to my energy levels very quickly. My joints/knees have benefitted from being strengthened and my mild but chronic lower back pain has almost disappeared since starting our sessions.

David is great at gently challenging and raising your confidence and enjoyment of exercise to suit you - I actually look forward to exercise sessions now! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to boost their fitness or regain fitness following injury / pregnancy.

• 4 months later...

I would definitely recommend David as a personal trainer. I?m in my early 40?s, work full time and have 2 x small children so finding time to exercise is always a challenge. I started training with David six months ago as I really wanted to get active again especially after having fractured my ankle but I lacked the motivation and time to do so. Along came David and everything changed for the better!

David worked with my injury from the outset, adapting certain exercises so that I was still able to do them. Our workouts are always different and focus on cardio, strength and core as one of the areas I wanted to improve was my lower back pain and sore joints. The strengthening and core work has made a huge impact to my general health and wellbeing, my aches and pains have reduced significantly, my body shape has changed and I?ve lost weight.

David has introduced me to boxing which I love but more importantly he?s helped me find an exercise routine that works for me and my lifestyle. I?m not a gym person, so our sessions are always outside surrounded by nature and even on freezing cold days I look forward to our sessions and his encouragement and positivity keep me going. I also love the fact that David sends me home with new workouts every week that I can do in between sessions.

I?m the most active I?ve been in years and David?s been instrumental in making that happen. I can?t recommend him enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can highly recommend David Wilson if anyone looking for a PT to not only help them get fit but also outside of training sessions, be provided with continued encouragement and focus. My husband and I have been trained by David for nearly 2.5 years and am possibly his least dedicated client, always an excuse for not doing things when out of training! We simply want to maintain a level of fitness, not be muscle Marys. Our fitness levels are now great and we work out twice a week in the park with him, rain or shine. However at this start of this year we decided to show some further willpower and try and lose some Christmas weight. He adapted our sessions and workouts to up the pace, and gave us so much encouragement via texts through the weeks. Through a controlled diet, meal planning and exercise, in just 3 weeks I lost over ? stone and my husband over a stone before we went on holiday. Proved we had willpower and feel amazing for it. We are now less zealous having reached our goal but David continues to encourage us, provides us with workouts to do whilst away (we are abroad at the moment) , a thumbs up if we do it and no guilt if we don?t. It?s a very trusting working relationship and works well for us.

If you are looking for a shouty, aggressive instructor, David is not the man for you. If you want to have a laugh whilst getting fit, feel amazing and better about yourself, David certainly is.

If you want to contact David please call: 07886819934

You can also reach him on: www. fitfunactive.co.uk/david-wilson/

or email him on: [email protected]

• 3 months later...
I have been working out with David Wilson during the lockdown...online of course, on whatsapp or zoom, both of which are really easy to use and the pic is clear. It's worked really well. It's good being able to carry on a sort-of "normal" routine, albeit online. The workouts have helped with fitness levels of course but also general mental and emotional well-being. David varies the routine ever so slightly every time and that prevents it from being "samey".

• 1 month later...

David has been training my mum for the past couple of years, and following all of her rave reviews, I had to join in! I have been working with David for at least two months now, and have absolutely noticed a massive positive change in myself - I am far stronger, enjoying exercise more than I ever have, and feel really motivated to continue on my fitness journey. As a trainer, David understands my fitness goals and pushes me well (I have learnt so many new moves) - without ever being aggressive or too much in his approach.

We have been really focusing on strength training, which I never would have had the confidence for previously, but I feel so much better for it now. Our sessions are fun, positive and generally just very enjoyable. I couldn?t recommend David more!

• 2 months later...

I have been working with David since early 2020 before the lockdown began. We had a pause for our sessions from March - June. Since June I have had regular sessions and have noticed a positive difference in my mood and energy levels.

I am someone who is currently young and relatively fit but having never had a sustained exercise routine I knew that wouldn?t last forever! This year I wanted to start to exercise as I knew that one day not doing so would catch up to me - both physically and mentally!

I had tried going to gyms in the past but only made it a handful of times - I hated the atmosphere both in terms of feeling stuck inside with fluorescent lighting and being left to my own devices, resulting in a lack of willpower and never really achieving anything. I looked into personal training as a result to try to find someone who could help me with this willpower and accountability aspect and David has been that person!

He has introduced me to a variety of new exercises and I realised that my previous failed attempts at exercise were because I was never doing ones which I enjoyed - I was doing stuff because I thought it would be good but hated every moment of it. A particular favourite is boxing which David has introduced me to! We currently do a lot of our sessions outside in nature which is also a good motivating factor for me.

David is extremely flexible both in terms of timetabling sessions but also flexible and creative in his routines and adapting - eg doing training outside. I can now say that I am someone who exercises regularly including lifting weights and boxing! The ability to say that is staggering after not regularly exercising since my very early teens.

David always has a smile on his face during sessions but at the same time we often put the world to rights and he never lets me get away with slacking! It has had a massive impact on my mental and physical health and I?d recommend him as a trainer to anyone who needs someone who is patient, friendly and flexible yet wants to see results.

• 1 month later...

David is an excellent Personal Trainer and I would definitely recommend him to help you achieve any of your fitness goals.

I have been training with David for 4 months and have seen a great improvement in my overall fitness and change in my body shape that I hadn?t been able to achieve with other PT?s.

David is very friendly and encouraging and his sessions are challenging and fun at the same time.

As I have said at the start of this post, I can?t recommend him enough.

• 1 month later...

Adding to this - I started training with David in September when I was feeling really low, unfit and unmotivated and I didn't want a "military" type, I wanted someone encouraging and supportive and someone who understood fitness in your 40s which is different to when I was younger.

My fitness has totally changed - it's now become a habit that I really enjoy again and that's thanks to David!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another shout-out for David.

I was approaching 50 and had never done any regular exercise in my life - then I had a trial session with David. That was on the 14th July 2017 and I've never looked back. David's enthusiasm, humour, support and gentle encouragement have kept me motivated. David has worked with me on my muscle tone, weight, flexibility, joint health and cardio fitness. He's also an experienced kick-boxer so we mix it up with some boxing and self-defence techniques.

It's been good for my fitness, motivation, confidence and self esteem.

Message or call: 07886 819934

[email protected]

www.fitfunactive.co.uk/david-wilson/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started training with David last December just before Christmas as weight was slowly creeping on and I wasn't feeling the best about myself.

One of the local mums I noticed had a spring in her step and she recommended David as had been training regularly

For me, I was nervous about the first hour as I think you have an expectation of high energy impact, I also haven't been really fit for about 20 years and also had concerns re a knee injury that rears its head every now and again.

From the first training session it has been a positive journey, I have had regular lessons in the park or in my garden when allowed. David also sends over personal exercise plans if needed if you want to work out on your own as an extra session, easy to do in a small space and you can use what's around you, for example a dining room chair. I feel when I have a session it is a full body work out, cardio and strength. I feel better about myself mentally, have lost half a stone but dont feel under pressure to loose weight as it is about the bigger picture. I am running around with the children and enjoying more sports in general, sleeping well and getting up earlier with a spring in my step.

This is a personal journey and I look forward to continuing. If you want to tone up, get stronger, loose weight, work around injuries David is an excellent personal trainer with many years of experience, very easy going with a good can do attitude and constantly makes sure you are exercising with the correct checks. Warm up and stretching after are also key. We also have good conversations about nutrition (Yes I still enjoy cake...)

Totally recommend getting in contact with David, details below.

Contact David [email protected]

Mobile 07886 919934

Website fitfunactive

• 3 weeks later...

I?ve had maybe 10 personal training sessions with Dave Wilson. I have had a few injuries from sports and activities going back a few years. Last year I had a recurrence of a knee injury and as a result this really affected my mobility and confidence. When I started P.T sessions with Dave, I found him to be very thorough and thoughtful during the early sessions. He took into account my age and my injury, whilst evaluating my physical performance and ability. I?m not new to exercise and found Dave had a strong emphasis on correct form and technique, I have found Dave?s well thought out sessions have maximum impact for health gains with minimal stress on my joints.

They, say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have found my strength and confidence with regard to my knee injury has improved hugely.I?m not feeling strain or discomfort in my knee joints since starting this program and I can see and feel the results of these workouts.

Dave has incorporated a lot of stretching into the workout that has improved my mobility massively. If you are looking for a knowledgeable, professional personal trainer who is patient, experienced, professional and willing to give advice on nutrition, or other aspects of health, this is your man.

A great motivator too!

• 1 month later...
I would also highly recommend David. I've known him for many years and value his gentle and knowledgeable approach. As an osteopath and researcher in back problems, I know the value of a good personal trainer. Especially in these days when there is little rehab offered by the NHS. I also love his dry sense of humour!

• 3 weeks later...

It takes a special person to get me exercising but David's managed it - I've just passed my four year anniversary of training with him. That's the most, regular exercise I've ever managed (by far) and I'm feeling better for it - physically and mentally.

David's sessions are fun and full of variety - mixing strength training, cardio, boxing and even a bit of self-defence.

If you need help to get fitter and lose weight, get in touch with him!

07886 819934

I?ve just completed 15 weeks of training with Dave in the run up to my wedding. In that time, he helped me lose over 12 kgs - just shy of 2 stone.

And, I have loved (almost!) every minute of it.

When I first started seeing Dave, I was overweight after a lockdown of doing nothing but work and comfort eating/drinking out of habit and boredom. My fitness levels had plummeted, my stress levels were through the roof and suddenly, I could only fit into my clothes that had an elasticated waist! I was pretty miserable.

For 15 weeks, Dave kept me motivated, accountable, on track and injury-free.

He expertly mapped a programme that saw me get incrementally fitter, stronger and he kept my chin up and laughing when it was all going too slow and steady for my liking!

Dave?s expertise and encouragement have transformed how I look, how I feel about myself, my physical and my mental health.

Dave isn?t just a brilliant PT. He?s also a lovely man with a friendly ear, he?s a part-time comedian and no matter what stage you?re at in your fitness journey, he will be your Chief Cheerleader. He is committed to the wellbeing of his clients; patient and flexible, Dave went above and beyond for me many, many times - moving/extending sessions to fit my schedule and needs, not his.

If you?re looking to get fit, to lose weight, to take better care of yourself, to develop a more positive relationship with exercise or food, or if you are in an exercise rut and want to try something new, you can do no better than to get in touch with Dave.

He really is wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started training with Dave about 11 weeks ago. I'm 53 but I felt 20 years older - aches and pains, no energy, poor mobility, no strength due to loss of muscle mass. In 11 weeks I'm stronger, leaner and fitter, and I feel better than I have done in decades. And the best thing is that this has happened without aggravating an old back problem, or making my creaky knees hurt - in fact I don't have any pain in my back or knees now.

I've lost 12 kilos without even trying. Dave has made me realise that I can make small changes to my diet that are sustainable, so that I can lose weight and then maintain that weight, rather than just keep repeating the cycle of diet/weight-gain/diet etc. I'm looking forward to losing the rest of the weight - I know I have a long way to go but my knees and my feet will love me for it!

I would recommend Dave to anyone but especially people who are 40+, because he will work with your body (and mind) to find a programme that responds to what you're looking to achieve without causing you pain in the process. He is highly experienced and knowledgable, but he is also a lot of fun. You will love it and you will love the results.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been great working with my client and my aim is to work with people in a safe and fun way making exercise enjoyable and effective. This is a great example, that anyone at any age can start exercising, all these problems that you thought would prevent you from exercising, actually with a safe and tailored effective exercise program from an experienced and knowledgable trainer, you can quickly overcome these things and make a vast improvement to your health and fitness, skills emotional and mental well-being

I have only been working with this client for 12 weeks and she has had great results.

If you two are in a similar position or just want overall improvement in your health and fitness levels or working through an injury, please get in touch with me for tailored and effective one to one personal training

• 1 month later...

I found David after reading all the posts on the Forum and I can thoroughly recommend him as a personal trainer. I started training with him weekly in September this year after a knee operation in May. I was a keen runner but at the age of 51 was doing too much during lockdown and managed to tear my meniscus. I needed to find a trainer to help me long term with the recovery by building core strength and maintain balance within my weekly exercise routine.

David?s help has been invaluable and I really do enjoy and look forward to the sessions. I come away energised and motivated. David creates original and well-balanced programmes and always makes sure you know what to do for the rest of the week.

After just two months, I feel stronger, have increased energy levels and better mobility. He?s even been able to get me doing a proper press up. I?m no longer feeling discomfort in my knee joint since starting the program and I can see and feel the results of the workouts.

Most of all David is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, professional, great fun and such a fabulous motivator. He can actually make exercising a joy.

• 2 weeks later...