Dulwich Hamlet

That's really interesting, pixysunflower - thanks for posting that.

This bit made me smile: "Central attacking players at the time were burly goal-hangers...". Ahhhh, how uncomplicated life on the pitch must have been pre that damn offside rule!

-----------------

COME ON HAMLET!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On Sunday, DH will be playing away to their rivals (remember last season?) Bognor Regis in the final play-off.

I'm guessing this is going to be a very interesting game with BR wanting to get their revenge for last season. It's all a bit deja-vu only with BR substituting Leatherhead. Good luck to Dulwich, they really deserve promotion (IMO).

KO: 3pm at Nyewood Lane.

----------------

COME ON HAMLET!

Seems mighty harsh that for the last two years they have been right at the top of the table and yet promotion has escaped their grasp twice due to the play-offs. Tough.

As a long suffering Spurs fan, I will add some words of wisdom - there is always next year.

Thanks Steve, but in common with Spurs supporters, we've been saying there's always next year for a long time - particularly since relegation to this level in 2001! Hopefully you're right.

For the growing numbers (crowds up 75% this year) who would like to watch regularly to find out if next year really will be the one, season ticket prices and details have been finalised at ?110 for adults, ?60 over 60s, ?40 students 17-21yrs, ?10 12-16yrs. Under 12s are free (application on link below).

The price includes pre-season friendlies, one of which has already been arranged at home to Crystal Palace on Tuesday 24th July.

http://freepdfhosting.com/9590ccad67.pdf

I attended the final play-off at Nyewood Lane and am gutted Dulwich didn't get through, especially given their brilliant performance for most of the season. Shame they missed that penalty!

Took stacks of photos but each individual file is larger than 614KB, so unable to post.

------------------

NEXT SEASON, HAMLET...NEXT SEASON...

Laddy Muck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I attended the final play-off at Nyewood Lane and

> am gutted Dulwich didn't get through, especially

> given their brilliant performance for most of the

> season. Shame they missed that penalty!

>

> Took stacks of photos but each individual file is

> larger than 614KB, so unable to post.

>

>

>

>

> ------------------

> NEXT SEASON, HAMLET...NEXT SEASON...

and NEXT SEASON, MANCHESTER CITY ...NEXT SEASON....(tu)

• 2 weeks later...
I can add to this one! I went to see them years ago in a friendly against Millwall and got Tim Cahill's autograph. He's done rather well since then. I also went to Crystal Palace v Notts Forest with at least two England players on the pitch, David Platt and Dave Beasant, who got sent off for apparently handling the ball outside the area and the sub had to come on for the penalty which I think was saved. I wouldn't be surprised if others here saw the match as well, it was a real cracker.

Laddy Muck Wrote:

> I attended the final play-off at Nyewood Lane and

> am gutted Dulwich didn't get through, especially

> given their brilliant performance for most of the

> season. Shame they missed that penalty!

>

> Took stacks of photos but each individual file is

> larger than 614KB, so unable to post.

>

>

>

>

> ------------------

> NEXT SEASON, HAMLET...NEXT SEASON...

It was a shame again that Dulwich Hamlet lost in the play off final.

But there are positives to be taken from this season. They finished 2nd in the table and have improved

every year since Gavin Rose became manager.

He has also managed to hold onto his management team and his players plus reserve team which will

ensure continuity into the next season.

Their league form has been excellent this season...and just missed out on automatic promotion by 2 points.

So we must look forward to next seaon with positivity.

Laddymuck are you up for coming over to Tooting and Mitcham next season for Dulwich Hamlets game?

Thats my local team!

Weegee Wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------

> Their league form has been excellent this

> season...

agreed...shame they fluffed it at the end.

> Laddymuck are you up for coming over to Tooting

> and Mitcham next season for Dulwich Hamlets game?

But T & M are in the league above, aren't they? so are unlikely to play DH. Having said that, I wouldn't mind watching T & M tan the backside of newly promoted BR - provided I'm not at a MU or DH game (obviously!). Yay!

Hope to see you for the Palace friendly in July too.

------------------

COME ON HAMLET!

Laddy Muck Wrote:

> Hey Hey! Thanks for that, Scrooge, I wasn't aware

> of the relegation. BRING IT ON!

>

> So Weegee, the answer is a big fat YES!

>

>

>

>

> ----------------

>

> COME ON HAMLET

see you there!

x

• 2 months later...
We're updating the Dulwich Hamlet website in the coming weeks to make it a lot more user friendly with mailing lists and interactive options, keep an eye on www.dulwichhamletfc.co.uk for the big change! PS: Next home game this coming Saturday 25th August, FA Cup day with Hythe in town. See you there?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update for anyone not following the results this season... DH have continued their form of last season, and won 4 our of their first 5 games (including the FA Cup preliminary game). We currently sit 3rd in the table, a point off the top two.

Home form has been excellent with 3 wins out of 3 and not a goal conceeded yet.

Highly recommend people get down to Champion Hill when they can. There aren't any home games for a couple of weeks as we keep getting drawn away in the cups, but that gives you a chance to make plans for the following forthcoming home fixtures:

Sat 22nd Sept - Hythe Town

Sat 6th Oct - Folkestone

Sat 20th Oct - Leatherhead

Sat 27th Oct - Faversham