The Magnolia (used to be The Magdala)

I like the interior, it's very soft and unthreatening. You don't get the feeling anyone would even think of causing any trouble in there. Food wasn't bad when I ate there and good value I thought, the cheeses looked particularly yummy. Was a bit cold in there last night, maybe an open fireplace would make it feel a bit warmer.

Nero,

I believe Lozzy was simply referencing our recent (James/*Bob*) spat..

Let's all be friends.. if James is allowed his little bit of 'social racism' with continual sneery use of the word 'Chav' (for no reason other than people not speakin proper and possibly not buying the Guardian) then a light misuse of the word 'Gay' might help him remember not everyone thinks it's 'on'.

Not wishing to open up old wounds.. but seems fair to clear Lozzy's name. On with the thread.

>>if James is allowed his little bit of 'social racism' with continual sneery use of the word 'Chav' (for no reason other than people not speakin proper and possibly not buying the Guardian) then a light misuse of the word 'Gay' might help him remember not everyone thinks it's 'on'.

Love the way that you're able to read my mind Bob. What a gift you have! Apart from your blatant hypocrisy (so two wrongs make a right?) you still fail to understand the basic point.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that using the name for someone's sexuality as an insult is a bit nasty? And that the word "chav" does not mean "a working-class person" (perhaps it does to you, in which case you're more nasty and bigoted than i thought. Your definition above is YOUR view - not mine).

"Chav" is an insult - meaning a particular kind of lout who engages in anti-social behaviour. If you are suggesting that all working-class people are chavs you are insulting the majority of working-class people (including one of my close friends) who most certainly are not.

"Gay" is not an insult. Unless you are a sad, narrow-minded, prejudiced person.

"Threshers is pikey chavtastic"

""Chav" is an insult - meaning a particular kind of lout who engages in anti-social behaviour. If you are suggesting that all working-class people are chavs you are insulting the majority of working-class people (including one of my close friends) who most certainly are not."

Sorry David - but have to point out that these two comments came from the same person. Sorry Mr Administrator.

No, no no no no - please, please stop this discussion here (sorry, Cassius, please don't take offence). We've been over this ground on the other thread, and clearly no-one is prepared to do the graceful thing and acknowledge fault or move on.