New pasta / pizza joint in Melbourne Grove

We had takeout pizza and pasta last night - I grabbed a takeaway menu on my way home from the station. I was impressed, simple but v tasty - the way Italian food should be. REALLY great value for money too. It's called il Mirto (I think).

Well after reading the reviews my boyfriend and I thought we'd try it out for lunch today and we weren't disappointed. Great value and really lovely fresh toppings with a fab thin crispy base. I have to say we even preferred it to the Franco Manco pizzas we've had. Do go and try it out if you haven't already.

brought the children this evening for an early dinner - what an excellent choice for a 5pm meal when most places are closed...the children loved it and the owners were very kind. Pizza was thin crusted - pasta was perfectly cooked...

It is dangerously too close to my house...!

Evening all,

After the rave reviews me and the Mrs just visited Il Mirto and I can only agree with all of the other positive comments on here. I had the Antipasti (didn't look much, tasted lovely) and the House pizza which was immense. The lovely Mrs B had Caprese and a ?4 (!) margherita which was likewise tremendous.

The service was a bit slow as there were only the 2 gents working, but everything was made fresh. In my opinion this is exactly the type of place we've needed around here, (proper Italian food) and we will definitely be going back (if we can get a table). The younger fella seemed chuffed when we told him about the reviews on here.

Hi,

I wemt there this evening at about 8.30pm. Hoped to order some Pizzas to take-away but they'd run out of the base mixture. Not a huge range of choice but the Pizza's I saw being served looked delicious and very authentic. Have ben to Italy a few times with my family and can confirn these look and smell very much like proper Italin Pizza. I'll just have to go a bit earlier next time. Hopefully this is a sign that the busimess is going well.

Hoped to order some Pizzas to take-away but they'd run out of the base mixture

Sorry, Ann, you must have gone in just after we ordered four pizzas to takeway. Try again another night though it's so worth it.

Fantastic. Everything everyone else has said and more.

We went yesterday evening and have to say it was absolutely delicious. Mr Jo had a marinara that he said reminded him of Naples, and my quattro stagioni was bloody lovely. Couldn't quite finish it so the very nice man put the last two slices in a container for me and I had them for lunch today. As a last minute thought I asked if I could take a dessert home - he only had chocolate mousse, and in individual glasses, but he was happy to hand it over, and I was more than happy to return the glass today. Lovely food, honestly priced.

annaj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> lenk, this is going to be contraversial I know,

> but Gowlett +1.

I'm going to read everything you've ever posted on here in a minute to ensure you don't work there, but following on from that I might have to give this place a go...