Video Equipment Hire

The Savarin

C+G Bargain Shop

C+G Nursery Shop

Kebab & Wine

Smith's Of Dulwich

Wilson Rogers

The Foresters

Dealing with some of the questions above...

- dress shop next to William Rose was closed in the 1980s I think

- think it had become Somerfields by 1994, Gateway was earlier

- estate agents: there were a few even back in the 90s: (Raymond) Bushell, Halifax, Wilson Rogers, White Dent (and another next to it), Winkworth. Acorn arrived around 1994, Haart and Ludlow Thomson a bit later - both started with small offices and moved to larger ones - while Property In, Osborne Stewart [late not lamented] and Foxtons were the most recent arrivals.

And some questions:

- was the previous occupant of Moxons Jerk Rock (and since Jerk Rock only lasted a few years, what was there before it)?

- the never-open jewellers was close to Dulwich DIY, what took over from it?

- where was 'Sound and Vision'...was it at the shop now called Jolie a pied?

I thought the butcher's was the other side but could be wrong, the greengrocer's was definitely on that side. The Sainsbury's on DKH had only been open a couple of years then and many felt that sealed the fate of those to local businesses.

There was also a women's cloth shop on the EDT side. Somewhere near Binnester toys.

Health Matters was a health & beauty salon, I think?

Barclays Bank and the one opposite (sorry not mine so never remember its name...) have always been there, as has the Post Office (but we have to watch we don't lose it in the next round of cuts)..

Village Way hairdressers was certainly there by 1996, and probably there in 1994?

Coop chemists and AJ Farmers the-find-everything-you-need-for-the-house were there, where they are now.

Chener Books has been there for ages, and looks it...

The card shop near Somerfields was there I think in 1994 with the same owners. The nearby chemist further down on the corner opposite Health Matters was there but was Tanners.

Sea Cow was originally Gente's menswear.

6 Lordship lane was part of Maudlsley Hospital CMHT it later moved into the old Southwark Libraries double shop ( where it still residing).

Granda TV rentals is where locksmith is now. Locksmith used to be where kodack shop is now.

Foxtons was orignally DHSS, and before that in the 1960s, Woolies.

The mens outfitters was first situated next to the Post Office in Lordship Lane, then moved down to where the Sea Cow is now or next door to it. Shop was called 'Gents'. Bed Store was good, Electrical wholesaler was on the other side of the road, I can go back even further next door to what is now Somerfield, was called Wallis supermarket,next door a pram and toy shop was very popular a family business. Cheltenham & Gloucester. North Cross road, where the Art Gallery place is was Pollards all sorts of ladies wear and childrens wear. Granada tv hire where locksmith shop is now. If you went up further at the top of variuos roads were off licences and corner shops. There were so many shops in back street. The Heber Arms in Heber Road is now flats...

Tex Mex or two amigo's was 'Never on a Sunday' for years, always the best place for a late meal, steaks and irish coffees were of the best, spent many a long evening in there, and the fish in a fish tank!!