Recommendation: Spoiltdog aka Andy

Crack

I can't recommend Richard enough - he was very efficient (he fitted and hung seven Victorian doors in a day) and was able to sort out the botched job of the person who had 'custom built the doors' from reclaimed Victorian originals but had made a whole plethora of mistakes. But none of these issues were a problem for Richard who found practical solutions and did everything within the original (and very reasonable) estimate, which had been based on the job being much more straightforward. He was very polite, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Despite the issues with the doors, he never gave the impression of being fed up but was always bright and friendly. I also liked the fact that when he bought supplies, he gave me the receipts without me having to ask, so I could see I wasn't being charged any mark ups. His apprentice Taylor was also very polite and helpful and they worked together quietly without causing undue disruption and cleaned up meticulously after themselves. Although I don't expect there to be any problems as he made it easy for me to go around checking all the work at the end, he reiterated I could call him if there were any problems, no matter how small and he would return to fix it.

I originally rang Andy, following the recommendations on this site, and he suggested Richard for the job as he was not available this week (I called on Thursday for work to be done the next day and the following Monday).

Andy's number is already on this thread. Richard's number is 07724829283.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I too would happily like to add to the recommendations for Andy. I called him and both he and Richard came round yesterday morning to look at my drainpipe. I had expected him just to look however, he promptly went up and cleared the blockage that was there. It's raining today and there are now problems with any water on the walls.

A huge THANK YOU to both Andy and Richard. Thoroughly nice guys who did great a job.

Andy's number is 07564 194363.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to add to the recommendations about Richard and Andy- I have called them a couple of times recently and they have been very responsive, prompt and reliable and I've been very happy with the work they've done and I will use them again in the future as and when the need arises!

• 1 month later...
I can add to Andy & Richards recommendations. I called them at late notice and they came out quickly, did a fantastic job, and were very reasonably priced. I am getting a new bathroom fitted and will be using them for that in the New Year and every other job this old house needs. Can not recommend them highly enough. Andy 07564 194 363

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Andy and Richard. I got Andy's details from the forum and he's done a few jobs for us now. He and Richard are a pleasure to deal with - hard working, honest, straight forward and reasonable. The first job they did for us was decorating our sitting room and they had a very tight timetable as we had friends coming to stay, but they worked incredibly hard to get it done in time, and we were delighted with the results. We'll definitely be using them again. Thanks guys!

Hello Yes,I would recommend Handy Andy. He has helped us on numerous occasions with various jobs. From picture hanging, tiling, to hanging blinds and sealing showers. He is always polite, does a good job at reasonable price.

I'd like to recommend Andrew - he's been labouring for me in the garden and is a sweetie and v willing, he's from Romania and his en glish is decent. he can also do a bit of plastering, tiling ... just not anything too fancy like electrics or plumbing. andrew doesn't have an email address yet (tho am working on it) so phone him on 0742 573 2492

We used Andy and Richard at Andyman services for various emergency decorating jobs - we had a date for viewings starting on our house, and time was short, and so they turned up on a Sunday and worked right through, doing a thorough job. We'd definitely use them again.

I have had Andy and Richard help me with jobs a few times over the last couple of years and highly recommend them. Andy managed to find time last week at short notice to come and fit 2 sets of curtains for me, I cant do it myself as the windows are about 10ft high! He wouldn't even take payment cos he said it only took him a short time! Really nice guys and very helpful, nothing seems to be too much trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
I's like to throw in my recommendation for Andy and Richard. They gave me a really reasonable quote when I had an insurance job after a leak in the bathroom ruined my downstairs ceiling. They did a great job redoing my bathroom - everything from the plumbing to the tiling. They sourced low-cost but high quality materials, were happy to make suggestions and recommendations, and were really accommodating. I'd definitely use them again. Andy's number is 07564194363.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just used Andy & Richard to assemble a mirror, sliding door wardrobe (IKEA) and a couple of other items. Very reasonable quote, no hassle on price given took longer than anticipated. On time, excelelnt job and both very pleasant men to ahve in the house. I'd definately use their services again Richard 07724 829283.

• 1 month later...
Just to add my overdue recommendation for Andy and Richard. After being let down by several other handymen recommended on the forum, it was a relief to find Andy who came as agreed to quote and then managed to fit in my collection of jobs quickly. They hung 7 ikea cupboard doors, resealed the shower, fixed a broken spindle, attached a piece of trellis to a wall and fitted part of a door handle so it now actually works. Nice guys too.

• 1 month later...

I've used Andy of Andyman numerous times over the last 2-3 years. On this ocassion I rang him to sort out a problem with my cistern. He replaced the valve and only left after checking several times it was working properly. Andy is a really friendly and flexible person. A big plus for me as finding time in my busy work schedule is always a big challenge. I would highly recommned Andy and will continue to use him. He's the only handy person in my mobile.

Andy's number is - 07564 194363.

• 2 weeks later...
Andy and Richard have just completed work on the interior of my husband's new warehouse/studio. They have done an excellent job painting the whole of the interior and constructing storage units. They are personable, reliable and professional and were reasonably priced. I would recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...
Another great job from Andy of Andyman (or Andy and Richard) fame. We are utterly hopeless and rely on him for even a small job like installing a stairgate which he did for us yesterday - very quickly and painlessly and he cleared up afterwards too! And he made a fuss of our new Battersea dog which she loved. Another thumbs up.