Mark

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bishop may have friendly staff, and pretty young

> girls, but the CPT has the friendliest staff of

> any, and despite the fact it's slightly shabby,

> it's the nicest place to be for a friendly drink

> with whoever.

It closes too early. The 24 hour licensing laws mean that we should be allowed to drink late. The Bish is a late one now.

Charlie

I'm torn between the Drum, CPT and the Black Cherry and I like Inside 72 and the EDT too and I'm enjoying the new look Plough as well, all of which I spend quite a bit of time in. Dithers...and ponders and it's....ummm, shit this is harder than I thought it would be.

It?s seems to be a 2 horse race at the moment Jah. I would recommend a tactical vote for the CPT to help it beat the Bishop.

*He says as he blazes his campaign trail through cyberspace*

Would you like one of our pamphlets sir? And could I interest you in a button or perhaps one of these rosettes?

God this is annoying, there are several bars on there that I wouoldn't mind beating my beloved CPT (Inside, Drum, maybe even EDT), but to lose to The Bishop is so annoying!!!

I know there are probably loads of good things about it, but I've just never gotten on with the place.

Oh and Fear n boozin, The Castle now has 3 votes (somehow), so bloody well change your vote now, you don't need to feel sorry for them anymore ;-)

Whether you like it or not. The Bishop is a very well run establishment and it has transformed Friday/Saturday nights. It also won Mr Ben's Best Place to Pull in ED award (voted for exclusively by me).

But it does have a pretentious air about it where people are looking around more than at the people they are there with.

And Sunday lunch there is like a competitive sport on a day when I just want everything to be..... eeeeeasy. But great food.

For me any place is about the friendliness of people who are in there and atmosphere. I confess I like bars. And I loved Liquorish until all the cool and friendly staff left. Now it feels quite desolate - a real shame as I spent a decent four figure sum in the place (Mr Owner Ashkan if you are reading this please PM me for my views as to how to make it work and get my hard earned cash again).

The Rye is an awesome place (check out their Halloween decor this week) with a good basic menu, a great feel and biggest beer garden anywhere in summer. But its in Peckham.

So I am with Inside 72 or The Drum (which I have taken a big shine to lately).

CPT = nice crowd & down to earth but I cant vote for a place with peeling wall paper, 60's carpets and a once nice frontage destroyed by purple paint! It's a time warp that sadly cannot last long in the changing East Dulwich. Just look at those swanky new flats opposite....

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> sadly cannot last long in the changing East Dulwich. Just look at those swanky new flats opposite....

You've just described my worst nightmare!!!

Basically, for all it's faults, if the "changing East Dulwich" meant that the CPT was no longer used, I would know that East Dulwich was no longer a place for me.

I know that sounds a bit dramatic, but I love the feeling of the CPT. I can see exactly why people like The Bishop and the Cherry, and all power to them, I go down to the Cherry quite often, but the CPT offers something completely different, and it would be horrible to lose it.

I agree completely about the frontage though!