Break Ins in ED

Any description is helpful when it comes to catching and stopping crime (it's like a jigsaw). It's similar to the "fat short" bogus window cleaner thread which alerted people to crime being committed BUT strangly enough did not cause any outrage on behalf of any legitimate window cleaner who fits that appearance (who are now pretty much unemployable in SE22)..

first mate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Honk, actually many of us have black friends and

> neighbours from "round here". The fact that you

> view ED as an exclusively white enclave suggests

> you need to get off your high horse and out more.

Taking "offence" on behalf of others has become a Pastime with some (usually people who do NOT mix freely and regularly with the Guys that they are taking "offence" on behalf of)(!)

dangit. our house burgled today. happened in 15 mins, during my regular child pick up. not my flat but our d/stairs. finger points at me for not dble locking main front door. guys walked out right in front of me as I turned into the front gate. I had little girl with me./ initially i thought they were canvassers for a cab company whose cards i could see in the door. not. I had heard the front door close so, i was 1 foot away from the pair of them. we locked eyes for a split sec. Only when I opened the front door did i see for sure what had happened.theyd kicked in the other flats door. I had the feeling something was up, i also had a 4 yr old right by me. so, stayed cool. got in got phone. 25 mins till police at the door. though they said theyd circled a bit first before arriving.

if someone was casing my movements, they are clockwork.

therapia road. new notch on the crime map.

two guys looked liked brothers almost. not west african or jamaican more mozambique (ish kinda) looking.sort of 5/8 5/9 height,black leather jackets with zip fronts,slick hair, quite smart. didnt go for me as i 'caught them'. a few hours later im glad of that. took passports, cameras small things. rifled but dodnt wreck the place. wonder did they know they had 15 minutes tops?

are you an anthropologist?, do mozambiquians have any unique distinguishing features?, can you try and narrow down the search to a specific tribal village?...;-)

woodie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

...not west african or jamaican more mozambique (ish kinda)looking...

Sorry about the break-in. I spent an interesting few moments trying to think through what physically distinguishes an Afro-Caribbean from a Mozambiquan. Seriously I did. And, from experience I know how hard it is to give an accurate description of someone (which obviously the coppers need to have any hope of catching these fiends) without feeling like you're about to offend someone or show yourself up as some sort of ignorant idiot. These sound like a couple of 'smooth criminals' and I for one will be keeping my eyes peeled.

As an aside, my family came from Mozambique. We have pale complexions, but tan well in summer.....:)

yes little Ed. today Im going to do a facial/country search. Im not so sure. see if it helps. quite clear facial types im hoping.they seemed so at the time. if not, yep speculation. I wish, other than it didnt happen, that i could have said 'yep deffo two white guys from bletchley born and bred.' no offence intended to anyone born and bred in bletchly. No offence to anyone.

just wish id dble locked the front door is all. makes you wonder how many times people have tried it b4 but the door was properly locked.

gone were passports/cameras/some cash/small items of jewellery/interestingly..didnt bother with ipod..

Neighbours dont exactly blame me. just think its my fault. I think ive been watched. they knew the they had 15 minutes.

I know that getting my little girl in the door was best thing. "oi who are you" could well have had me overpowered (I have fighting skills) 2 against one (knife? gun? who knows?) with my arms full of school bags and clothes that i couldnt just drop. I was considerably disadvantaged compared to 2 guys who knew they had to get out quick.

red devil. no, but im a person with a deep love of africa and i dont want to generalise or point fingers and fall into the pit of distrust. Im sure you can imagine what comments ive heard . Also, just let me say, a "london bar" saved our flat. They gave the door a kick but it stayed firm. Our house mates unfortunately not.

When my place got done last month, my door was Chubbed and my neighbour's wasn't. My door was completely smashed off its frame, whereas hers pretty much just swung open! The violence of that was the scariest part about it.

Not sure what the moral of the story is - we both got done, but my repair bill was a shocker, while hers was a locksmith job.

I guess it just shows how determined they were going to get in Chubb or not